Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 13th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 1,017Posts
    • 697Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    Nurse training fees
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    Nurse training fees 13th Sep 17 at 10:28 AM
    I've just been listening to Radio 5 about public sector pay etc.

I used to work for a NHS organisation that was responsible for contracting with HEIs to provide nursing degrees and diplomas. The course fees were fully funded by the NHS.

I know the nursing bursary has gone, but how do course fees work now? Are they still funded by the NHS or do students have to take out student loans to pay their own fees like everybody else?

(I'm assuming this is the correct board rather than Student Finance, but I may be wrong).
Page 1
    • polgara
    • By polgara 13th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 326 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    polgara
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    Hi - the fees are like every other degree course - usually student loans
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 13th Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    I thought that must be the case.

I'm wondering whether when accounting for that in NHS funding it's classified as a saving, a cost improvement or even "additional investment in services"(!).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,483Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin