Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 13th Sep 17, 6:17 AM
    • 2,871Posts
    • 38,918Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Wednesday 13 September 2017
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 13 September 2017 13th Sep 17 at 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 13th September 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Wind is still raging here and it's damp underfoot, but not raining, we had heavy rain late last night as well as the wind, the wind is supposed to lessen during today. I have washing to put out but there's no point as it won't stay on the line.

Dinner last night was smoked sausage and mushroom pasta in a creme fraiche sauce, menfolk had a small breaded chicken portion with theirs, I had just the pasta. I remembered to get the chicken out to defrost so tonight we'll be having roast chicken pieces, mash, peas and gravy. I'll be prepping the potatoes before I leave for work as I'm working later tonight and won't have much time when I get home.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 13-09-2017 at 6:25 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 13th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 14,023 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Quick and late posy as it has been a hectic and late day for me at work.

Happy anniversary to the LW and z Gers, that is good news.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 13th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    • 4,928 Posts
    • 47,602 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Happy anniversary MR&LW.....well into our 48th year here, where did that time go??

Hugs and good wishes to all, colder here, so fires being lit and ch being used....hate spending money but cant be helped.

Wonderful surprise this afternoon, DD3, herOH and DGD7 arrived from Australia a whole week earlier than we expected them, OH has been called for a job interview on Friday, so naturally they came in time for that.....have been on cloud 9 ever since, DGD is naturally a little confused at the whole 20 hour journey.....at 9 months this can be difficult I am sure.

Will be back when I get back to Earth.....take care everyone.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,205Posts Today

6,369Users online

Martin's Twitter