Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gionnetto
    • By gionnetto 13th Sep 17, 12:16 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gionnetto
    Eligibility on Credit Cards for no credit history
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:16 AM
    Eligibility on Credit Cards for no credit history 13th Sep 17 at 12:16 AM
    Hi there,
    I am an EEA citizen who relocated to the UK at the end of May 2017. I have a full-time permanent job, a bank account, a landline contract, a PAYG SIM only deal, a home content insurance (whichI pay monthly), a cashplus pre-paid card with credit builder, and am enrolled in the electoral roll.I also am renting an apartment and pay the rent through Credit Ladder.

The next things I have to do are, a mobile contract and a credit card, and that's what my questions are about!

1. should I focus on the mobile contract or the credit card first? Unfortunately my bank reports to call credit and equifax and my landline provider to equifax. Turns out Experian has a hard time knowing who I am LOL I need a mobile contract with O2 (reason: coverage where I live, aka NI) which seems to have a hard time finding me, so I suspect they check Experian. Hence I don't know whether to try getting a contract with O2 or a credit card first... suggestions?

2. when I checked my eligibility, I scored 95% for Aqua Advance (which I like) and only 50% for Tesco Foundation. Originally, I wanted Tesco Foundation so badly, but when I delved in Aqua's characteristics I liked them as well. I don't kow what CRAs they report to though, and therefore I don't know which one would help me building my credit history with Experian all the while using Equifax (or Callcredit) to assess me as a borrower.

3. given my situation, what is the best application sequence to land me resutls?

Thanks!
    RT
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Sep 17, 8:39 AM
    • 13,186 Posts
    • 13,499 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:39 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:39 AM
    Aqua, plus a mobile contract.

If declined, give it a couple of months.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,330Posts Today

6,063Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin