Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dizzygee
    • By dizzygee 12th Sep 17, 11:47 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dizzygee
    Firstly a Thank you ...then a new query
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:47 PM
    Firstly a Thank you ...then a new query 12th Sep 17 at 11:47 PM
    Hello, on the 22 August I decided after much deliberation to use your tool to complain about , what I thought was , a possible misold PPI on a Barclayloan .I had very little info only reference numbers listed on my online banking account for old direct debits. My loans -several consolidated and overlapping from 1999-2012,.I knew PPI was included on one at least .Anyway I sent off the complaint and didnt hold out much hope .Barclays sent payment to me for £5500 on 8 Sept. Thank you MSE

I have a query I have found PPI on my Barclaycard that is still on there .I took out the card approx 1989/90.It was my first credit card and I was young and not really understanding the consequences .I remember I was told by the Barclays employee it was compulsory and very important as it would allow me to protect myself and in particular my purchases over £100 if something were to go wrong . Thats why it is still on there. I dont know whether to make a seperate complaint about this .I wrote to Barclaycard a few months ago to have this PPI stopped but heard nothing. Any help would be appreciated. many Thanks Debi
Page 1
    • amersall
    • By amersall 13th Sep 17, 7:11 AM
    • 15,177 Posts
    • 18,752 Thanks
    amersall
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:11 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:11 AM
    Just put a claim in with your reasons for mis sell.
    You cannot say "I was told by the Barclays employee PPI was compulsory"
    This is hearsay and you cannot prove it.
    If you had savings, life insurance, company sick pay etc, these are reasons you could use as you would have had no need of the PPI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,331Users online

Martin's Twitter