Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brunosdad
    • By Brunosdad 12th Sep 17, 8:51 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Brunosdad
    Parking ticket for entering carpark
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:51 PM
    Parking ticket for entering carpark 12th Sep 17 at 8:51 PM
    Hi all I have just had a parking fine through the post and was wondering if any one could offer any advice? on Saturday 26th of august I had done some shopping at Aldi in Northfield and as I came out the car park 7:30pm I noticed Homezone (decorating shop) opposite looked open and as I was halfway through decorating and needing some gloss paint I pulled into there car park as soon as I got out the car I noticed the shop was closed so went up to the door to see the opening times read a few offers plastered all over the front then got back in the car and went, then Monday I had a letter saying PCN admin want £60 - 100 pounds because I parked without permission from the owner they claim I was there for 9 minutes I did not see any signs at all, so my question is can I get fined for pulling into Homezones car park? the entrance says nothing about it being a private car park and a quick look google earth B31 2PA shows the car park is definitely part of the shop, I appealed against it explaining I only pulled up on the car park to see if the shop was open as the gate was still open but PCN Admin are saying I parked with out the owners permission. any advise would be very welcome.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 15,493 Posts
    • 19,580 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    NO private parking company can "fine" you, or anyone else

they can issue a parking charge notice, an INVOICE , known as a pcn

which idiot parking company monitor this car park ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 32,759 Posts
    • 16,775 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now to see the game you are now caught up in.

Follow the advice on a possible second level appeal ( depending on which PPC you are dealing with)
    Last edited by Quentin; 12-09-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 3,621 Posts
    • 1,834 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    Brunosdad, edit your post to remove any clues as to who the driver may've been.
    E.g. "I did not see any signs" becomes "The driver did not see any signs".
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 32,759 Posts
    • 16,775 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    Brunosdad, edit your post to remove any clues as to who the driver may've been.
    E.g. "I did not see any signs" becomes "The driver did not see any signs".
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Too late.

OP has blabbed to PPC he was driving according to the OP
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 3,621 Posts
    • 1,834 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    Too late.

OP has blabbed to PPC he was driving according to the OP
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Oh yes. So he did.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 12th Sep 17, 10:50 PM
    • 2,306 Posts
    • 2,811 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:50 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:50 PM
    after following / answering Redx advice / question .....

do a forum search for 'grace periods' ( use show posts)

good luck

Ralph
    • Brunosdad
    • By Brunosdad 13th Sep 17, 7:09 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brunosdad
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:09 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:09 AM
    Ok thanks, so I have dropped myself in it by admitting I was driving? I just cant see how elite management can get all my details and charge me £60 when the shop was closed, surely if they manage the carpark they should of closed the gate or at least put a sign at the entrance stating you need permission to enter? so I will have to wait to see what popla say, it all seems very under handed, thanks for your advice.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 13th Sep 17, 7:13 AM
    • 10,192 Posts
    • 9,321 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:13 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:13 AM
    Wording on the sign could be important. You could have been windows shopping.

But if shop was closed, how did it take you 9 minutes to find out?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Sep 17, 9:01 AM
    • 2,409 Posts
    • 3,633 Thanks
    fisherjim
    Ok thanks, so I have dropped myself in it by admitting I was driving? I just cant see how elite management can get all my details and charge me £60 when the shop was closed, surely if they manage the carpark they should of closed the gate or at least put a sign at the entrance stating you need permission to enter? so I will have to wait to see what popla say, it all seems very under handed, thanks for your advice.
    Originally posted by Brunosdad
    I have yet to see a PPC that manages a car park, it's not profitable.
    A closed gate would stop people entering after hours, it's not profitable.
    You are correct there should be signage at the entrance and that will be one of your POPLA points, along with grace periods.

Streetview from March 2017 shows the site has no signage what so ever on the entrance.
    Yes there is a gate which presumably is never closed, and there appears to be a small sign of some description on that which you would never see entering the car park.
    The car park is right next to a Kentucky Fried Chicken takeaway, a real honeytrap for the PPC!!

Which PPC is this? I can't see any anpr cameras it could be a muppet with an Argos digital camera!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Brunosdad
    • By Brunosdad 13th Sep 17, 9:14 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brunosdad
    It didn't seem like 9 minutes to us but my wife is disabled and needs help in and out of the car and we are both getting on a bit in age, I know it could look liker we parked there and went to another shop but this was at 7:30pm with plenty of parking on the road and disabled bays, but the shop looked open from the road because the car park was open.
    • Brunosdad
    • By Brunosdad 13th Sep 17, 9:18 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Brunosdad
    fisherjim

This was from Elite management.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 17, 9:18 AM
    • 49,992 Posts
    • 63,387 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Don't submit a POPLA appeal without checking it with us first. You won't win by just recounting the previous appeal. Template POPLA wording is in the NEWBIES FAQs top thread, post #3.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    • 2,409 Posts
    • 3,633 Thanks
    fisherjim
    fisherjim

This was from Elite management.
    Originally posted by Brunosdad
    Then you won't get a POPLA code they are now in the IPC just ignore everything but court papers which are unlikely:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Elite_Management_Midlands.html
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 17, 12:08 PM
    • 14,525 Posts
    • 22,856 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Then you won't get a POPLA code they are now in the IPC just ignore everything but court papers which are unlikely:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Elite_Management_Midlands.html
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    They joined the IPC on 14 August 2017, unfortunately just 12 days before the OP's parking event.

@OP - given that you'd gone to the shop to purchase paint, have you been back to them and complained to the manager about this ticket and ask him to get it cancelled for a genuine customer who thought the shop was open at the time and had come to spend money with them.

If you're still in the market to buy some paint, well take the opportunity to say to the manager that you're there to not only to ask for his help in getting the ticket cancelled, but to prove you were genuinely visiting previously, you'd like to buy some paint now.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,924Posts Today

7,954Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin