Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • khallett
    • By khallett 12th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    khallett
    CPM parking charge
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    CPM parking charge 12th Sep 17 at 8:32 PM
    I parked my car in a small side street that led through a gate to a private housing estate. There were other cars parked there and no yellow/red markings on the road. There was a sign on the gate that said it was a private estate. I didn't realise that the road from the main public highway to the gate was also private. There were no signs to say this.

I received a parking ticket on my car. I ignored the ticket having read this forum. I have since received a formal demand for £100 - it appears CPM got my address from the DVLA.

I do not know whether to contest. Would appreciate any advice.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 4,517 Posts
    • 2,848 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    I parked my car in a small side street that led through a gate to a private housing estate. There were other cars parked there and no yellow/red markings on the road. There was a sign on the gate that said it was a private estate. I didn't realise that the road from the main public highway to the gate was also private. There were no signs to say this.

I received a parking ticket on my car. I ignored the ticket having read this forum. I have since received a formal demand for £100 - it appears CPM got my address from the DVLA.

I do not know whether to contest. Would appreciate any advice.
    Originally posted by khallett
    The first thing to do is edit your post now to remove any clues as to who might have been the driver.

"I parked my car" should be "my car was parked" or "the driver parked my car".

"I didn't realise" becomes "The driver didn't realise".

Where did you read on this forum that ignoring the ticket was the thing to do?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    • 33,291 Posts
    • 17,220 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now to see the game you are now caught up in.

(Nowhere in this forum are you advised to ignore these tickets!)

You will see you are in the debt collectors stage. You can ignore them!

If you get a court claim or letter before court action then come back for more advice on how to deal with this at the time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

34Posts Today

4,270Users online

Martin's Twitter