Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lllc12
    • By lllc12 12th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    lllc12
    Help! Court claim for private parking ticket from uk car park managment
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    Help! Court claim for private parking ticket from uk car park managment 12th Sep 17 at 8:17 PM
    Hi, I have received a claim form from UK CAR PARK MANAGEMENT and gladstoens for a parking ticket outside a flat with no permit. I was not the driver but don't want to name the driver, any help?
Page 2
    • lllc12
    • By lllc12 20th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lllc12
    i acknowledged this last week the day i receaved the letter, on the 12th
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Sep 17, 10:51 PM
    • 50,604 Posts
    • 63,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Your defence needs to say that the Defendant was not the person who parked the car, and other facts:

The defence needs to state that this is not a car park, it is a road adjacent to where the Defendant lives and the vehicle was only there very briefly, stopped for a handover from the garage to yourself, and parked by a person who knew nothing of any 'contract' on a dark evening. The Defendant was not the driver who parked the car. It was driven back from the garage as it had been broken down and was merely being delivered back and not parked for any length of time...

...you can then use Jopson v Home Guard where the Judge defined parking as opposed to a brief stop, such as for loading or delivery at a block of flats. I'm surprised you haven't just adapted Johnersh's ''own space'' defence instead of finding an old one. You can't use this, the UTCCRs Regs were repealed 2 years ago and were not considered 'important' by the Judges at the Supreme Court (God knows why not, I can't explain their decision that moved the penalties goalposts 'for Capita' without saying something I would regret):
    and contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

This bit below cannot be right - is it? Surely UKCPM are not suing on a pre-POFA PCN, they were clampers then and I've never seen them sue on a 2012 or earlier PCN. Stating the obvious but you will have to state your defence at a hearing in front of a Judge, so you MUST proof read your defence and understand it, and make sure everything makes sense (apologies if it is a pre-POFA PCN, but it seems unlikely to me).

From the limited information provided by the particulars of claim, it can be seen the date of the alleged incident is xxxxxx which predates the enactment of PoFA 2012.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• lllc12
    • By lllc12 23rd Sep 17, 7:52 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lllc12
    thanks for that, just to clarify where can I find Johnersh's ''own space'' defence?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd Sep 17, 8:17 AM
    • 14,910 Posts
    • 23,371 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    thanks for that, just to clarify where can I find Johnersh's ''own space'' defence?
    Originally posted by lllc12
    In the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. Look there for exactly this and you'll find the link under it.

Here is a defence for an 'own space' residential site, by Johnersh who is legally qualified
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • lllc12
    • By lllc12 2nd Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lllc12
    Hi, so I have sent offer my defence and just received a letter from Gladstones stating there client wishing to proceed with the claim. They have attached a copy of UKCPM Direction questioner, they are electing not to mediate. They have also requested the case be dealt with on papers not its a hearing.
    • lllc12
    • By lllc12 2nd Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lllc12
    should have received one of these from the court? and what should I do next?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 2nd Oct 17, 8:43 PM
    • 6,151 Posts
    • 7,859 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi, so I have sent offer my defence and just received a letter from Gladstones stating there client wishing to proceed with the claim. They have attached a copy of UKCPM Direction questioner, they are electing not to mediate. They have also requested the case be dealt with on papers not its a hearing.
    Wishing this be heard on papers is the famous Gladstones wheeze

Normally means they do not want to go to court and they
    are unsure if they will win

Say NO to papers, you want this heard face to face in front of a judge. Advise them of this and include your costs schedule

If they have your number or email address, they might offer
    you a discount and then shortly after, they will discontinue

The book of Gladstones with few pages is WWW rated
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    • 50,604 Posts
    • 63,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, we know, this happens in every Gladstones case; it's been done to death.

You know that too, I hope, because you'll have read other Gladstones threads and were expecting this and you know what to do, from those other Gladstones threads.

Not repeating it on every Gladstones thread. I think I am on strike...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

930Posts Today

6,780Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Today's Twitter poll: If you had to pick one, who do you think is coming out best so far in the Brexit negotiations, UK or EU?

• It isn't an article by me.I don't write for express. They just cunningly report my tv appearances as if I did. https://t.co/0DDfDU7Kbp

• Follow Martin