Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • panky888
    • By panky888 12th Sep 17, 7:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    panky888
    help to buy scheme
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:20 PM
    help to buy scheme 12th Sep 17 at 7:20 PM
    im currently serving in the army, and i read in a magazine about some help to buy scheme, i only have to pay 5% deposit and the government help with 20% of the mortgage.
    my question is that if i go through with this scheme i wont need to move in personally as i am based at my barracks, so would i be able to rent the house out from day 1 or is there some sort of clause that prevents people doing this?
Page 1
    • mimiduck
    • By mimiduck 12th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    mimiduck
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    You cannot rent a property if it is under help to buy. Not at least under a tenancy agreement unless you want to offer something to a friend.
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 12th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 233 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    You cannot rent a property if it is under help to buy. Not at least under a tenancy agreement unless you want to offer something to a friend.
    Originally posted by mimiduck
    There are exceptions to this I believe, one of them being if you are serving abroad in the armed forces. This obviously doesn't help the OP though.
    • panky888
    • By panky888 12th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    panky888
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    so what does this mean...
    West London apartments from £225,000 with rental yields up to 5.8%.
    that sentence was a headline on a help to buy company website
    apologies for my naive reply, i have no idea about mortgages etc. lol
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

59Posts Today

3,492Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin