Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 12th Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mikee.
    Help advice with ESA
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    Help advice with ESA 12th Sep 17 at 7:03 PM
    Forgive me for being a first time poster but I really need help with filling out my ESA50 form and I only have until the 15th of this month to return it.

I've applied for ESA in the past on 3 occasion's and all time's failed to attend the capability assessment. The first time I applied was towards the end of 2015 and I was paid the mandatory amount for 13 weeks obviously those payments were stopped after failure to attend etc.

The second time I applied was July of 2016.

I didn't have much faith in actually getting any help and soon enough I opted to switch to JSA and perhaps have not so many requirement's on my agreement to receive some benefit. However once I went through signing on and signing my agreement it was pretty much no different and they had hardly taken my health in to consideration at all (I guess because of how I am I just agreed and wanted it to be over and done with - couldn't get my position across as much as I would of liked either)

It wasn't long until after I started working again that as per usual I fell off the face of the earth again and stopped turning up for work as happened many time's before.

I decided I should try and get some kind of benefit again so it was back through the rigmarole only to be played by advisors all over again. I first tried signing on only to be told by the advisor at my initial appointment who remembered me from the previous time that "she remembered me and how I kind of just sort of disappeared" she said she could tell that "I was obviously not fit for work" and that I should seek ESA.

I agreed and decided to cancel the claim knowing that I will most likely just fall through the crack's again and they don't have to pay me and it's another win for them. However I did call to make a new claim for ESA when I returned home which I don't think I followed up on either. Resulting in another failure to attend, so I am trying for which If I'm correct will actually be the fourth time If I can return my ESA50 by the 15th.

My medical evidence back's up the claim I am making so it's not just arbitrary reason's which have caused me to be the way I am today however I think I've managed to put my self in to catch 22 situation's messing up previous claim's and it's just helpless in fact they'll be used to sting me even more so this time.
    Last edited by mikee.; 16-09-2017 at 5:22 PM. Reason: Make easier to read, Removed some personally related information
Page 1
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 12th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    You really need to edit your post so it's easier to read. There is an edit button on your post for you to do this.
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 12th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    Ok thanks, I will do so.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 12th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    Your post is extremely difficult to read. Is there any reason at all why you've left it so late to fill in that form and return it? You only have 3 days left to do this and it's highly likely it's not going to arrived by the 15th. If it doesn't arrive by this date then it's likely that you'll be found "fit for work" and you'll have to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration.
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 12th Sep 17, 7:31 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:31 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:31 PM
    Thanks for your reply poppy I've edited it and hopefully it's a little better, some of the reason's I hope are clear in my post but perhaps a better way to put it is that it just seem's futile. I guess I could send the letter by special delivery if they will accept it that way.
    Last edited by mikee.; 16-09-2017 at 5:10 PM. Reason: Removed some personally related information
    • epitome
    • By epitome 12th Sep 17, 7:48 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,816 Thanks
    epitome
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:48 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:48 PM
    Hello Mikee,

Quick Question...as you are online now...
    You are on ESA now, and sending in sicknotes? yes/no
    You are currently getting paid ESA? yes/no
    What medical condition does it state on your sicknotes?

Whilst you answer those qu's I will be reading your long opening post and see if I can give you any advice...
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 12th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    Thanks for your reply poppy I've edited it and hopefully it's a little better, some of the reason's I hope are clear in my post but perhaps a better way to put it is that it just seem's futile. Also that I find it hard to leave the house and going to the doctor's and any other such place is daunting. I start to shake profusely in certain situation's and it's gotten so bad I even so much as almost forget how to physically put one leg in front of the other or my brain stop's working, once I'm out of the house and had an anxiety attack like that it doesn't go away. I guess I could send the letter by special delivery if they will accept it that way.
    Originally posted by mikee.
    Yes better to read, thanks. Do you not have anyone to support you when you go out? My concern is that you haven't filled that form in and you only have 3 days left for it to arrive and they're very complex to fill in. I always advice others to get help to do this and always have help from CAB when i have mine. They're very strict with ESA50 forms and they won't extend the time either. You can try recorded delivery (signed for) it will still take the same amount of time to get to the correct department but at least it will be signed for to say it's arrived, it may or may not help. Others may have some advice for you. Good luck.
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 12th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    Hi Epitome

I made the claim last month and would not consider myself as being on ESA currently. I have sent them only one sick note so far in the envelope they sent out when I first made the claim, that was only for 2 week's however as it was a new doctor for me who wanted to follow up 2 week's later which I failed to attend regrettably as I dislike wasting doctor's time. I'm not currently getting paid ESA and I believe on my sicknote it said

Thanks
    Last edited by mikee.; 16-09-2017 at 5:13 PM. Reason: Removed some personally related information
    • epitome
    • By epitome 12th Sep 17, 8:33 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,816 Thanks
    epitome
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:33 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:33 PM
    Ok, I read all that, And I note from your other reply to my questions what your sick note says.

A few facts for you:
    1. You have been granted an entitlement to ESA, And assuming you did claim the correct one which is ESA IR, and not claimed only ESA Conts. You will -or should be- entitled to payment of ESA but you will need sick notes to get paid. You say you sent one in for 2 weeks... Well that should have gotten you 1 week of payment, £57 - £73 if you have not had payment it means they did not receive your sick note, you should phone ESA and ask them if was received and if payment was issued..if not why not... You should then get a new sick note from the **same doctor ** who will be able to back date your sicknote to the expiry date of the 1st one, you should then hand the sicknote in to the jobcentre who should scan it to ESA... If you do this you should get a few weeks of payment from the start of your claim.

2. You have 3 days to return your ESA50. However, as your sicknote says depression, the deadline for the ESA50 does not apply to you, it will not matter if it is late. But obviously, you need to get it done by someone who can help as soon as possible. This is why your previous claims to ESA were not closed for fail to return form, I assume from what you wrote above, you made a claim to ESA, you did not send any sick notes, you did not get paid (because you did not send sick notes) you did not return the ESA50 and the DWP did not close your claim for Fail to return the ESA50 (because you have mental health issue) instead they eventually closed your claim for FTA. You can confirm this by phoning CHDA and asking them is my referral marked with Mental Health = yes? Or ask ESA to confirm this for you. But at the end of the day if your sick note does say that and that is the medical condition on which your claim was made, then it should say "yes" to mental health whether or not you can get anyone to actually confirm it to you.

2a. Also CHDA can help you to fill in the ESA50 over the phone 0800 2 888777 they will make an appointment with you to call you back, where upon you can dictate your answers to the questions to them, they can explain what the questions mean but they cannot advise you what to say. They are not impartial like the C.A.B. would be so you might not want to do it this way, but if you really are stuck then this will be better than not returning the form at all.

3. I am not an expert in filling out an ESA50 for Mental Health, so I am not going to comment on that. Others here should be able to advise on that, or you should go and see your local MIND (if there is one) or local Welfare Rights office or local CAB office.

4. To be sure not to miss the next WCA (medical) you should ensure that any change of address is notified by you to ESA.
    You should also make sure ESA and CHDA 0800 2 888777 have your correct mobile number.
    You should also phone CHDA 0800 2 888777 every week on the same day every week and ask them "Has an appointment been made for me yet?" if you do this, it will be impossible for you to not be aware of when your medical assessment appointment will be.
    Last edited by epitome; 17-09-2017 at 8:38 PM.
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 12th Sep 17, 10:44 PM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 1,651 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    Also that I find it hard to leave the house and going to the doctor's and any other such place is daunting. I start to shake profusely in certain situations and it's gotten so bad I even so much as almost forget how to physically put one leg in front of the other or my brain stops working, once I'm out of the house and had an anxiety attack like that it doesn't go away.
    Originally posted by mikee.
    Put this on the form. It may be that S29 or S35 of the ESA regulations apply. These are around significant risk to your health if you were found fit for work - some more info here:
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/making-exception
    There isn't a specific question on this in the form - so explain in the additional info / pages section
    how your mental health would be affected if found fit for work (S29) or required to do Work Related Activity (S35).

Some info on completing the form:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/
    https://www.rethink.org/living-with-mental-illness/money-issues-benefits-employment/work-capability-assessment/the-health-questionnaire
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/images/image/samples/esa/mh_wca_may13.pdf

Good Luck
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 12th Sep 17, 11:21 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    So you are saying you claimed ESA a second time in July 2016, but then soon after closed the ESA, and went to JSA...? Did they initially pay you ESA on this second claim?
    Correct and no... I think because of a rule change that meant they can't pay ESA for the first 13 week's on a new claim that had been previously FTA on another within a 12 month period.

ok, so you returned to work.
    Indeed, I was desperate.

When was this 3rd claim made? You seem to be saying you did not send any sick notes for the claim, and if that is the case you would have received no payment... however, if you had a FTA, they would have sent an ESA50 which you must have not returned....and subsequntly they would have arranged an WCA (medical) which you FTA.... What was the date of the FTA? Do you still have the letter telling you claim closed due to FTA? What is the date on that letter?
    Sorry I will find all my letter's asap in the morning and come up with some date's the third claim was after the advisor at my last Jobcenter visit said I should try to claim ESA which was earlier this year around March/April

What rule changes are you referring to?
    I'm not sure myself as there are so many, I'll try to find the one I'm thinking of though. If you have any link's handy I might be able to point it out.

Ok, I read all that, And I note from your other reply to my questions what your sick note says.

A few facts for you:
    1. You have been granted an entitlement to ESA, And assuming you did claim the correct one which is ESA IR, and not claimed only ESA Conts. You will -or should be- entitled to payment of ESA but you will need sick notes to get paid. You say you sent one in for 2 weeks... Well that should have gotten you 1 week of payment, £57 - £73 if you have not had payment it means they did not receive your sick note, you should phone ESA and ask them if was received and if payment was issued..if not why not... You should then get a new sick note from the **same doctor ** who will be able to back date your sicknote to the expiry date of the 1st one, you should then hand the sicknote in to the jobcentre who should scan it to ESA... If you do this you should get a few weeks of payment from the start of your claim.
    I did select ESA IR but I really don't think I'll get a payment as for the 12 month rule again, I will phone them tomorrow and ask if they received the sick note and shall also try get to the doctor's and jobcentre tomorrow too somehow ugh.

2. You have 3 days to return your ESA50. However, as your sicknote say's MH, the deadline for the ESA50 does not apply to you, it will not matter if it is late. But obviously, you need to get it done by someone who can help as soon as possible. This is why your previous claims to ESA were not closed for fail to return form, I assume from what you wrote above, you made a claim to ESA, you did not send any sick notes, you did not get paid (because you did not send sick notes) you did not return the ESA50 and the DWP did not close your claim for Fail to return the ESA50 (because you have mental health issue) instead they eventually closed your claim for FTA. You can confirm this by phoning CHDA and asking them is my referral marked with Mental Health = yes? Or ask ESA to confirm this for you. But at the end of the day if your sick note does say that and that is the medical condition on which your claim was made, then it should say "yes" to mental health whether or not you can get anyone to actually confirm it to you.

2a. Also CHDA can help you to fill in the ESA50 over the phone 0800 2 888777 they will make an appointment with you to call you back, where upon you can dictate your answers to the questions to them, they can explain what the questions mean but they cannot advise you what to say. They are not impartial like the C.A.B. would be so you might not want to do it this way, but if you really are stuck then this will be better than not returning the form at all.

3. I am not an expert in filling out an ESA50 for Mental Health, so I am not going to comment on that. Others here should be able to advise on that, or you should go and see your local MIND (if there is one) or local Welfare Rights office or local CAB office.

4. To be sure not to miss the next WCA (medical) you should ensure that any change of address is notified by you to ESA.
    You should also make sure ESA and CHDA 0800 2 888777 have your correct mobile number.
    You should also phone CHDA 0800 2 888777 every week on the same day every week and ask them "Has an appointment been made for me yet?" if you do this, it will be impossible for you to not be aware of when your medical assessment appointment will be.
    I may have also confused the information further in this reply but tomorrow I will find out the date's. Still that's all really helpful information and I will certainly be taking it all in to consideration as well as the rest of your reply, cant thank you enough for taking the time to reply so comprehensively and I hope I'm not to much of a pain to understand.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by mikee.; 16-09-2017 at 5:16 PM. Reason: Removed some personally related information
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 12th Sep 17, 11:23 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    Thank you Alice
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 13th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    From Jobcentre Plus Date 03rd September 2015

Thank you for contacting Jobcentre Plus and making a claim for Employment and Support Allowance on 03rd September 2015

From Health Assessment Advisory Service Date 4th October 2015

On 10th September 2015 we sent you a questionnaire to fill in and return to us. We have not yet received it. It is important that you fill it in. Your benefit may be affected if you do not return it by 13th October 2015.

-

It was returned on time but I missed the WCA.

From Jobcentre Plus Date 25th November 2015

YOUR CLAIM FOR EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE

I am writing to tell you that the medical certificate that you sent us. Which covers the period from 2nd September 2015 to 2nd December 2015 is about to run out

From Jobcentre Plus Date 7th December 2015

Your last medical certificate ran out on 2nd December 2015

Benefit stopped after the mandatory payments

From Jobcentre Plus 13th July 2016

Thank you for contacting Jobcentre Plus and making a claim for Employment and Support Allowance on 13th July 2016.

-

From Department for Work & Pensions Date 22nd July 2016

I am writing to advise you that your claim to Employment and Support Allowance cannot be processed until we have carried out a Work Capability Assessment. This is because we have disallowed your claim in the last six month’s and the medical evidence you have provided does not allow us to make a decision on your entitlement without an assessment of your capabilities. For your information we call this Benefit for Determination.

This is the first step in the assessment process. You are then likely to be called for a face to face meeting. Once the process is complete, a report will be sent to us by Atos “healthcare” and your claim will be assessed by a DWP decision maker.

The decision to treat your claim as Benefit for Determination will have been based on the information you have provided, e.g. medical certificates, doctors letters. This determination does not carry a right of appeal, however, if you have any evidence that we have not seen which shows your condition has significantly worsened, or if you are suffering from a different medical condition, since your previous claim was disallowed, please send it to us. Please include a letter explaining that you are sending it so we can check the Benefit for Determination ruling on your claim is correct
    I have a work plan booklet from Jobcentre Plus Signed and Dated by me on 03rd August 2016 and I also have a P45 which as far as I can tell is to do with ESA that states Date Allowance Ceased: 03rd August 2016 of course all the boxes like Total Taxable benefit, Total Tax, Total Pay etc are all blank. The date the P45 looks to have been prepared is 05th August 2016.

From Jobcentre Plus 5th August 2016

I am pleased to tell you we can pay Employment and Support Allowance from 28th June 2016.

(I believe that to be the date I was discharged from Hospital and asked the claim to be backdated from)

You will get £73.10 a week.

We have used the tax years ending 5th April 2014 and 5th April 2015 to asses your claim.

We cannot pay you an allowance from 4th August 2016. This is because:

You have claimed another benefit like Income and Support Allowance or Jobseeker’s Allowance.

-

This was the letter I received to say they could pay me but then they couldn’t (if that’s what it means) because I decided with an advisor on the Phone to end the claim and apply for Jobseekers Allowance. Had I not ended the claim and switched to Jobseeker’s Allowance I don’t think I would of received any such letter.

-

From Jobcentre Plus 3rd February 2017

Employment and Support Allowance

Thank you for contacting Jobcentre Plus and making a claim to Employment and Support Allowance on 3rd September 2017.

From Health Assessment Advisory Service Dated 8th February 2017

Important: You must fill in the enclosed form and send it to the address on the enclosed envelope by 13th March 2017.

From Department for Work & Pensions Dated 8th February 2017

I am writing to advise you that your claim to Employment and Support Allowance cannot be processed until we have carried out a Work Capability Assessment. This is because we have disallowed your claim in the last six month’s and the medical evidence you have provided does not allow us to make a decision on your entitlement without an assessment of your capabilities. For your information we call this Benefit for Determination.

This is the first step in the assessment process. You are then likely to be called for a face to face meeting. Once the process is complete, a report will be sent to us by Atos “healthcare” and your claim will be assessed by a DWP decision maker.

The decision to treat your claim as Benefit for Determination will have been based on the information you have provided, e.g. medical certificates, doctors letters. This determination does not carry a right of appeal, however, if you have any evidence that we have not seen which shows your condition has significantly worsened, or if you are suffering from a different medical condition, since your previous claim was disallowed, please send it to us. Please include a letter explaining that you are sending it so we can check the Benefit for Determination ruling on your claim is correct

From Jobcentre Plus Dated 13th February 2017

Your last medical certificate ran out on 9th February 2017

From Universal Credit dated 12th February 2017

You must provide evidence to support your claim to Universal Credit

We asked you to provide evidence to support your Universal Credit claim but we have not received it.

-

This was the claim I made actually for Universal Credit (not JSA) where the Jobcentre advisor who remembered me from before told me that... I should try to claim ESA instead as I was clearly unfit for work, obviously there is an overlap in date’s where this letter was sent out unnecessarily or something.

From Jobcentre Plus Dated 14th February 2017

We cannot pay you Employment and support allowance from 3rd February 2017 .

From 10th April 2017 the rates of some Social Security benefits may change.

To continue to receive Employment and Support Allowance you may need to attend a Work Focus Interview with a Personal Advisor. You will be notified separately if you are required to attend.

To continue to receive Employment and Support Allowance you may need to attend a Work Capability Assessment. You must provide Medical certificates until a Work Capability Assessment is carried out.

-

Why do they say “we cannot pay you” and then go on to say to “continue to receive” ugh

-

These are all the time’s I have applied previously up until the current claim I made last month, after I applied last month I also received another P45 with blank boxes .
    Last edited by mikee.; 16-09-2017 at 5:18 PM. Reason: Removed some personally related information
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 13th Sep 17, 3:05 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    I am now calling the number as suggested by epitome

Update:
    I called ESA, deadline doesn't apply because of MH apparently so the claim will continue but I will have to return the form (obviously) so they can decide if I need an assessment.

They also received the sick-note but no money has been issued because of previous FTA which is fair enough I guess.
    Last edited by mikee.; 13-09-2017 at 4:54 PM. Reason: update
    • epitome
    • By epitome 13th Sep 17, 8:02 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,816 Thanks
    epitome
    * It is not within 12 months of a FTA that they do not pay you....It is within 6 months.

* The recent rule change back in 2015 was that if you fail a medical, and appeal and lose an appeal, you cannot claim again with the same condition, your condition must have worsened or be different...it was a long time ago so I may not be entirely accurate. ..and they stopped people from being paid on the 2nd appeal for having been found fit for work.

* I need to know -on the most recent claim- what date you contacted ESA to make the claim? ... Did you do the claim by phone? or on ESA1? ....you said you claimed last month...August? I really need to know what date you phoned them to make the claim... and what date you said you wanted to claim from? If you don't know, you can phone ESA and ask them and they will be able to tell you. If it was an ESA1 claim it is a little more complicated but for them to find out you tell them to look at screen JA504 and the top date is the date they received the form and the date underneath is the date you are claiming from.

From your letters above..:
    I see that they agreed to pay you in July 2016 due to a worsening condition (the overdose) ...They could not pay you from Aug 3rd because you had claimed JSA. They did not pay you 28/07/16 -04/08/16 due to the waiting days on ESA, but your JSA claim should have had no waiting days. Had you not claimed JSA they would have paid you ESA, too late now.

" Employment and Support Allowance
    Thank you for contacting Jobcentre Plus and making a claim to Employment and Support Allowance on 3rd September 2017."
    Was that a typo by you? As the date is out of context on a claim made 3rd Feb 2017 ??

also
    Why do they say “we cannot pay you” and then go on to say to “continue to receive” ugh
    Because you are not entitled to payment of ESA but you are entitled to receive ESA National Insurance Credits.

You have not put up the letter that says:...I really need this letter...
    From JobcentrePlus...<date of letter>
    We cannot pay you employment Support allowance....This is because we asked you to attend a WCA on xx/xx/xxxx and you failed to attend this appointment.
    If you don't have it then phone ESA and ask them to tell you from DMACR (prounounced Dee-maker) what was the date of the most recent FTA WCA decsion (not including Man Recon decisions, the most recent "Original Decision for FTA WCA"

Is it ok if I PM you when I have freed up some space in my inbox? I will post on this thread when I do send a PM.
    Last edited by epitome; 13-09-2017 at 8:27 PM.
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 14th Sep 17, 12:15 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    * It is not within 12 months of a FTA that they do not pay you....It is within 6 months.
    I stand corrected, indeed it is

* The recent rule change back in 2015 was that if you fail a medical, and appeal and lose an appeal, you cannot claim again with the same condition, your condition must have worsened or be different...it was a long time ago so I may not be entirely accurate. ..and they stopped people from being paid on the 2nd appeal for having been found fit for work
    Indeed and I will most likely be incorrect or way off on what is again but if they had the evidence my condition had worsened why was it not until I decided to try and claim JSA that they said they could pay me.

* I need to know -on the most recent claim- what date you contacted ESA to make the claim? ... Did you do the claim by phone? or on ESA1? ....you said you claimed last month...August? I really need to know what date you phoned them to make the claim... and what date you said you wanted to claim from? If you don't know, you can phone ESA and ask them and they will be able to tell you. If it was an ESA1 claim it is a little more complicated but for them to find out you tell them to look at screen JA504 and the top date is the date they received the form and the date underneath is the date you are claiming from.
    Sorry I didn't include this earlier even though I knew it would be important, I stumbled across the letter though and the date I contacted them for the most recent claim is 02nd August 2017. I did make the claim by phone yes and the date I said I wanted to claim from was 02nd May 2017 (because that's when I thought the last time I tried to claim from was on or there about).

From your letters above..:
    I see that they agreed to pay you in July 2016 due to a worsening condition (removed -edited) ...They could not pay you from Aug 3rd because you had claimed JSA. They did not pay you 28/07/16 -04/08/16 due to the waiting days on ESA, but your JSA claim should have had no waiting days. Had you not claimed JSA they would have paid you ESA, too late now.
    As I kind of said before,.I will most likely be proven incorrect... and you obviously will know what transpired for them to reach such conclusion but like I said earlier if they had the evidence it was worse... why didn't they say they could pay me before I closed the ESA claim and only until I claimed JSA? - I think I can answer myself tbh and that's because the decision maker would of had to look at my claim at that point perhaps and that it would be the only possible outcome but still (that makes me so angry and of course absolutely not towards you!) it just seem's to benefit them does it not but indeed it was too late - I feel like I'm contradicting myself somehow as it kind of go's with the first mention of the overdose in this reply so I might be best to leave this part of the reply out but I'm sure you'll know what I mean anyhow

" Employment and Support Allowance
    Thank you for contacting Jobcentre Plus and making a claim to Employment and Support Allowance on 3rd September 2017."
    Was that a typo by you? As the date is out of context on a claim made 3rd Feb 2017 ??
    I checked and yes that was a typo, I will go back and edit it for posterity or something... Thanks for spotting though.

Because you are not entitled to payment of ESA but you are entitled to receive ESA National Insurance Credits.
    tbh I thought that would be why but wasn't convinced, was hoping you would clarify... Thanks

You have not put up the letter that says:...I really need this letter...
    From JobcentrePlus...<date of letter>
    We cannot pay you employment Support allowance....This is because we asked you to attend a WCA on xx/xx/xxxx and you failed to attend this appointment.
    If you don't have it then phone ESA and ask them to tell you from DMACR (prounounced Dee-maker) what was the date of the most recent FTA WCA decsion (not including Man Recon decisions, the most recent "Original Decision for FTA WCA"
    I have a letter dated 24th November 2016 which is exactly as you describe although it may not be the most recent such letter (perhaps given all the letter's I've mentioned you can tell otherwise though) It say's I didn't go on the 23rd November 2016.

I shall do as you you recommend though and phone in the morning to confirm..

Thank you for taking the time once again for replying/understanding another long message though and your input already has been more than enough.

you can PM me sure

Thanks
    Last edited by mikee.; 16-09-2017 at 5:25 PM. Reason: Removed some personally related information
    • epitome
    • By epitome 14th Sep 17, 9:49 AM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,816 Thanks
    epitome
    Ok, so you have a contact date of 02/08/2017

And we need to find out the most recent date that an original decision (i.e. not a Man Recon decisionn date) was made for FTA.. Make sure they look in DMACR to get the exact date of decision....

I do have more advice for you, which I am witholding until you give me this date.
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 14th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    Ok, so you have a contact date of 02/08/2017

And we need to find out the most recent date that an original decision (i.e. not a Man Recon decisionn date) was made for FTA.. Make sure they look in DMACR to get the exact date of decision....

I do have more advice for you, which I am witholding until you give me this date.
    I called and the most recent date for an FTA was the 5th May 2017

Thanks
    • epitome
    • By epitome 14th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 1,816 Thanks
    epitome
    Sorry Mikee,

That is not clear enough... Was it the appointment that you missed that was on 05/05/17 ?

Or was the decision to disallow your claim made on 05/05/17 ...for example because you missed an appointment on 28/04/2017 ?

I need the date of the decision, and you need to be absolutely sure you are giving me the correct date of the decision.

Which is why I asked you to ask them to look in DMACR to get the esact date of the decision.

I accept you may have already done what I asked you to do, but your last post is not telling me it was the date of the decision.
    • mikee.
    • By mikee. 15th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mikee.
    Or was the decision to disallow your claim made on 05/05/17 ...for example because you missed an appointment on 28/04/2017 ?
    Called again and can confirm the decision was made on 05/05/17 for that reason.

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,128Posts Today

9,135Users online

Martin's Twitter