Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TamaraC
    • By TamaraC 12th Sep 17, 6:32 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TamaraC
    EE's mis selling
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:32 PM
    EE's mis selling 12th Sep 17 at 6:32 PM
    My husband was on an old orange deal on PAYG and wasn't getting a good deal. On friday I phoned EE on his behalf, and between me and the agent decided it would be better and cheaper for him to be on contract. I was promised a new sim by Monday and that there would be no disruption in service at all. I was happy as was my husband. However, today we still haven't received the new sim and the old sim is not working. This is my husbands business phone and heavily relies on it, I explained that it was promised there would be no disruption and the change would be seamless. After talking to EE's online chat, I was getting nowhere so it was escalated to a manager, who offered £30 as a good will gesture, I explained that rather than a good will gesture it was more of an insult as my husband is potentially losing over £100 a day in business, It was escalated again to Gary, resolution manager. Gary offered £50 good will, but again I explained that it was an insult, going by their calculations for the new sim, my husband is potentially losing £500. I was promised everything and they have delivered nothing, other than a pitiful apology and an insult. So, now we have a phone that doesn't work, no sim and losing business. I have requested a "deadlock" letter from them in order to get in touch with the communications Ombudsman, but other than that, does anyone have any advice please?
Page 3
    • TamaraC
    • By TamaraC 13th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TamaraC
    There's absolutely no need for your sarcasm or to talk to me like I'm an idiot Colin_Maybe. Have you ever heard of a courier? As for standard consumer contract, when I am told that there was no need for him to have a business contract and questioned why, I was told he doesn't use the phone in the way that would merit a business contract. Unless you have some valuable input or advise Colin_Maybe, keep your sarcasm to yourself
    • d123
    • By d123 13th Sep 17, 10:45 AM
    • 6,700 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    d123
    She never said it was being sent by royal mail. When a company says there will definitely be no loss of service (and it was explained that it was a business phone) I expect just as they say.
    Originally posted by TamaraC
    So did you expect an EE employee to pick up the sim from the warehouse and personally drive to your address to put it into your phone?

If they had loss of service for something, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with a meagre offer either. In fact when I questioned Gary on that he confirmed that they would seek compensation. The only difference here is that they are a multi million pound company and my husband is a sole trader who makes pittance in comparison.
    How many times have people told you if you wanted compensation for loss of business you need to take out (and pay the extra) for a business account.

There is no such clause in consumer contracts.
    ====
    • d123
    • By d123 13th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 6,700 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    d123
    There's absolutely no need for your sarcasm or to talk to me like I'm an idiot Colin_Maybe. Have you ever heard of a courier?
    What is this courier you know of that offers a 100% delivery guarantee?

I actually think most courier firms have a lower percentage of successful first time delivery than Royal Mail.
    ====
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 13th Sep 17, 11:53 AM
    • 9,859 Posts
    • 4,058 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Really the OP needs legal advice as to suing for the compensation they feel they are entitled to . Best to pay a compensation lawyer to take on the case .As you say they are a multi million pound company add lots of noughts to the claim .
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th Sep 17, 12:07 PM
    • 7,638 Posts
    • 5,494 Thanks
    pmduk
    If you're determined to take this further, make sure you have EE's formal complaint reference number. However, I've handled complaints, for a different network, and might have offered you one-off £25 to close the complaint. I really don't believe you have a case, sorry it's not what you want to hear.

As others have said, there is no cover for loss of business in a consumer contract. Presumably the sales advisor misunderstood the extent to which the phone is an essential tool of your business. You may not have realised it yourselves til now.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 13th Sep 17, 12:14 PM
    • 7,488 Posts
    • 2,347 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Even if they could claim for loss of business, that would be impossible to prove without concrete evidence rather than wishful thinking.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Sep 17, 12:37 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    What is this courier you know of that offers a 100% delivery guarantee?

I actually think most courier firms have a lower percentage of successful first time delivery than Royal Mail.
    Originally posted by d123
    I'd like to know which mobile supplier the OP thinks would send out a sim via courier rather than 1st class post. Especially one on a CONSUMER CONTRACT.

(caps intentional for the hard of listening )
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 13th Sep 17, 12:53 PM
    • 7,638 Posts
    • 5,494 Thanks
    pmduk
    Some networks will send SIMs by next day courier by next day courier on occasion and waive the usual fee, so that's quite possible, I've done it myself. (It's an example of being nice to call centre staff paying dividends!)
    • d123
    • By d123 13th Sep 17, 1:40 PM
    • 6,700 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    d123
    I'd like to know which mobile supplier the OP thinks would send out a sim via courier rather than 1st class post. Especially one on a CONSUMER CONTRACT.

Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Even a next day courier don’t make a 100% guarantee on next day delivery, to be 100% guaranteed the OP would actually have had to drive to the warehouse and collect it themselves...

Except even that wouldn’t be 100% guaranteed, they could have broken down, or got lost or the warehouse staff person had a heart attack and got taken to hospital with the sim in their pocket
    ====
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Sep 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Some networks will send SIMs by next day courier by next day courier on occasion and waive the usual fee, so that's quite possible, I've done it myself. (It's an example of being nice to call centre staff paying dividends!)
    Originally posted by pmduk
    I stand corrected.
    • TamaraC
    • By TamaraC 13th Sep 17, 4:57 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TamaraC
    How can they guarantee that when it is sent via Royal Mail? even Special Delivery could fail...

So no cover for business loss...

I bet they didn’t “guarantee” it to the level you think. “It’ll be there on Monday” isn’t a cast iron guarantee, you’ve got very little chance of CISAS adjudicating in your favour, £50 is well above the compensation you should actually be offered.
    How were you expecting it to arrive? By carrier pigeon?

On a standard consumer contract, how many times does that need to be said to you?

As I said Colin_Maybe, you have nothing useful to say so keep your sarcasm to yourself, this site is to help people, not for you to talk down to them as you have been. I am not hard of hearing, nor am I illiterate or stupid, however, you seem to feel the need to do nothing but talk down to me and use sarcasm. I have asked you politely to stop and you haven't which leaves me to deduce the following A) YOU ARE UNABLE TO READ B) You're a brave warrior hiding behind a keyboard but probably wouldn't say boo to a goose when in public and C) Have nothing better to do with yourself than to trawl forums and do nothing more than try and put people down
    • d123
    • By d123 13th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 6,700 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    d123
    As I said Colin_Maybe, you have nothing useful to say so keep your sarcasm to yourself, this site is to help people, not for you to talk down to them as you have been. I am not hard of hearing, nor am I illiterate or stupid, however, you seem to feel the need to do nothing but talk down to me and use sarcasm. I have asked you politely to stop and you haven't which leaves me to deduce the following A) YOU ARE UNABLE TO READ B) You're a brave warrior hiding behind a keyboard but probably wouldn't say boo to a goose when in public and C) Have nothing better to do with yourself than to trawl forums and do nothing more than try and put people down
    Tamara, you really shouldn’t get so angry with people just because they won’t agree with you. Factually you are in the wrong, and EE have already offered more than they are required.

Staying angry will just cloud your judgement...
    ====
    • TamaraC
    • By TamaraC 13th Sep 17, 7:01 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TamaraC
    I am not annoyed because they don't agree with me, I'm not that petty, what annoys me is the tone and sarcasm. Factually, I was guaranteed Monday delivery and no loss of service, factually, EE admitted (after hearing the phone call) that their customer service agent was wrong, factually, when someone agrees to the contract all facts must be given and fulfilment of contract must be met, it wasn't, as I only agreed to the contract under the terms that there would be no loss of service, which there was.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Sep 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I am not hard of hearing, nor am I illiterate or stupid,
    I said hard of listening not hard of hearing, there's a huge difference as you just demonstrated.
    • TamaraC
    • By TamaraC 13th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TamaraC
    Tamara, you really shouldn’t get so angry with people just because they won’t agree with you. Factually you are in the wrong, and EE have already offered more than they are required.

Staying angry will just cloud your judgement...
    I said hard of listening not hard of hearing, there's a huge difference as you just demonstrated.
    I'm actually sick of you now Colin_Maybe, why don'y you go and find someone else to hassle, ridicule and talk down to?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I'm actually sick of you now Colin_Maybe, why don'y you go and find someone else to hassle, ridicule and talk down to?
    I'm afraid it's you talking down to people my dear, you've had nothing but good advice on here from everybody but since no one has agreed with your view of events you're just getting aggresive.

I'll leave you to it since you don't want to listen anyway, have a nice day.
    • TamaraC
    • By TamaraC 13th Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TamaraC
    I'm afraid it's you talking down to people my dear, you've had nothing but good advice on here from everybody but since no one has agreed with your view of events you're just getting aggresive.

I'll leave you to it since you don't want to listen anyway, have a nice day.
    I am not your dear (patronising) And I have not spoken down to anyone but you as you insisted to talk down to me, used sarcasm, was rude and was offered no advice other than to ask stupid inane questions. The advice I have had from others was useful and I have taken it on board. I asked them questions and reiterated what I was told, nothing more than that. You on the other hand...well...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

34Posts Today

4,270Users online

Martin's Twitter