Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mk130719
    • By Mk130719 12th Sep 17, 5:54 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Mk130719
    Ccj
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:54 PM
    Ccj 12th Sep 17 at 5:54 PM
    Hi

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I received a CCJ order in my name at my parents address (this was the address I used when appealing to The car parking company).

Anyway the letter was received later than the date advised and 14 days has passed.

Can I still request an extension to 28 days?

Also does it make a difference that they have written to my parents address where I am not registered?

Getting rather nervous so would appreciate some help please.

Regards
    MK
Page 2
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 12th Sep 17, 10:34 PM
    • 9,433 Posts
    • 10,600 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    Final query as I'm not registered at my parents place, can I not just ignore it?
    Originally posted by Mk130719
    If only it was that simple.

Don't want to ever pay any debts ever again?
    Just make sure that you give an incorrect address to the person that the money is owed to and even if they take you court and the court finds in their favour, you will never have to pay.
    • MEM62
    • By MEM62 13th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 1,329 Posts
    • 949 Thanks
    MEM62
    If you ignore it, isn't there a danger it will affect your parents' credit rating? You gave their address after all.

Doesn't that concern you?
    Originally posted by Manxman in exile
    Of course it concerns me but isn't the judgement under my name?

I'd rather pay if it's going to affect my parents in any way.

Would love to get a defence together but think I've left it too late.
    People have credit ratings, not addresses. This will not impact on your parents credit history - only yours. (Although they will have to deal with the hassle of debt collectors and perhaps bailiffs turning up at their house and I am not so sure that they would be grateful to you for that!) It sounds as if you have completely miss-managed this situation and your opportunity for appeal (or any other action) has now evaporated. There is no more wriggling or avoiding the issue - either pay or have a CCJ on your record for the six years.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 13th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 812 Posts
    • 533 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    Ah. Thank you agrinnall and mem62.

I thought there was an issue with credit scores/ratings if anyone at your address had a CCJ against them. So I'm mistaken then?

Even so, I'd be mightily p****d off with my son or daughter when the bailiffs turned up!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 32,729 Posts
    • 16,746 Thanks
    Quentin
    .... There is no more wriggling or avoiding the issue - either pay or have a CCJ on your record for the six years.
    Originally posted by MEM62
    As already posted, if too late to submit a defence, and a default ccj has already been issued then the OP does still have set aside (and set aside by consent) to consider if he wants to keep this off the register
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    • 49,944 Posts
    • 63,353 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I need some advice re a ccj. It was given to me from a private company and I just ignored it which is what I thought was the right thing to do. I am paying the fine monthly plus a card fee. Can I get this ccj removed as I was always told the private companies can't legally fine you. But I need to get ccj removed as it will badly affect my credit rating
    Originally posted by Nicola sharman
    You are paying it yet haven't got them to consent to a set aside? You need the CCJ set aside, and should never have started to pay if off with no light at the end of the tunnel in the form of an agreed set aside. It's not even a fine and should never have been ignored.

The 'right thing to do' was on MSE all along in the Parking tickets sub forum.

You need to post in the parking tickets forum - a new thread of your own - to find out how to sort this mess out.

Hi
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I received a CCJ order in my name at my parents address (this was the address I used when appealing to The car parking company).

Anyway the letter was received later than the date advised and 14 days has passed.

Can I still request an extension to 28 days?

Also does it make a difference that they have written to my parents address where I am not registered?

Getting rather nervous so would appreciate some help please.

Regards
    MK
    This is in the wrong section; you need to re-post on the parking tickets & fines sub-board, where we help people set aside CCJs several days every week. Posters are wrong to say you have no legs to stand on, don't worry. You have options.

There is a defence and there is a reason not to have had that claim form. If the claim was not properly served then it must be set aside (the CCJ wiped) by the OP following the advice about set-asides that's in post # 2 here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Costs £255 to apply using a N244

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n244-notes-eng.pdf

Options explained here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72001618#post72001618

All private parking tickets a scam from a broken industry, and a lot of Judges realise that. A set aside shouldn't be a problem - you do not have to say the address was your parents' address, just ''my old address'' and that as a matter of fact, the claim form was never served and you were certainly traceable with a basic search.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-09-2017 at 8:58 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• GothicStirling
    • By GothicStirling 13th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 696 Thanks
    GothicStirling
    Don't ignore this. If you do, the creditor will bounce it back to the Courts, who will appoint Baliffs, who will turn up at your parents house and not leave until they have the money or seize goods up to the value of the debt. Time to behave like an adult.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 13th Sep 17, 10:56 PM
    • 812 Posts
    • 533 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    It's not even a fine and should never have been ignored.

The 'right thing to do' was on MSE all along in the Parking tickets sub forum.

You need to post in the parking tickets forum - a new thread of your own - to find out how to sort this mess out.

This is in the wrong section; you need to re-post on the parking tickets & fines sub-board, where we help people set aside CCJs several days every week. Posters are wrong to say you have no legs to stand on, don't worry. You have options.

There is a defence and there is a reason not to have had that claim form. If the claim was not properly served then it must be set aside (the CCJ wiped) by the OP following the advice about set-asides that's in post # 2 here
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

OP - sounds like good advice...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,237Posts Today

8,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin