Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indiemodboy
    • By Indiemodboy 12th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Indiemodboy
    Cost of residential lease creation
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    Cost of residential lease creation 12th Sep 17 at 4:26 PM
    Hi all,
    I have had al look through the threads and can't find one relating to solicitors costs for creation of a new residential lease.

I currently own the leasehold to my flat and the loft space above is not included in the lease. The freeholder has agreed to sell me the roof space above my flat for a reasonable fee on the agreement that I pay her solicitors fees.

Her solicitor has contacted me with a quote to create a new lease to include the loft space of £3,600 including VAT. I will also have to pay my own solicitors fees on top of this and have already obtained copies of all the leases relating to the freehold and obtained a technical drawing of the loft space to be demised.

I thought that this sounded extortionate price was. What are people's thoughts on this? Any ideas of what would be an average price for the creation of a new lease would be most welcome.

Thanks
    Paul
Page 1
    • Indiemodboy
    • By Indiemodboy 13th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Indiemodboy
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    Any body got any helpful advice on this for me?
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 13th Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    • 9,802 Posts
    • 12,425 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:28 PM
    Doesn't sound that extortionate to me - my previous vendors had to have a lease amended which cost around £1,500. Was a fairly simple thing though with a deed of rectification/variation which meant the garages were shown on the plan - they'd not been shown as linked as belonging to the house when they bought the house from new.

Solicitors ain't cheap...
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms; hamper (food/wine/Echo Dot/Jo Malone goodies); Avon lippies; cowhide rug; Windsor luxury break, foundation; Flybe flight
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 13th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 6,132 Posts
    • 5,879 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    Her solicitor has contacted me with a quote to create a new lease to include the loft space of £3,600 including VAT. I will also have to pay my own solicitors fees on top of this
    Originally posted by Indiemodboy
    Well, what is your solicitor quoting as their fee? That should give you some guidance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,521Posts Today

7,207Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin