Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • emily123
    • By emily123 12th Sep 17, 4:23 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 50Thanks
    emily123
    Question about Western Power electricity wayleave
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:23 PM
    Question about Western Power electricity wayleave 12th Sep 17 at 4:23 PM
    Hi All,
    I'm currently in talks with Western Power over the pole, stay and additional thick wire support taking up my whole front garden. They want to replace all the poles in my street for metal ones.

I've objected to anything happening before a wayleave, deed of easement or complete removal of said pole happens.

I suggested that I may need to go down the legal route and give them notice, but that I didn't want to do that if I could come to an arrangement with them. So they have finally decided that they're going to get the pole moved onto the road just off of my boundary line. That's a result of sorts because its an eyesore.

In terms of a wayleave there will still be up to 10 wires crossing over or running alongside the my small drive/front lawn, and they are thinking of offering £200/£300 for a 15 year wayleave.

I want to be happy that the pole is going to be off of my lawn, but it's still right next to my property, and out the front will look like a maypole.

Does anyone have any advice about whether I should be looking for them to up their offer, or should I be happy with what I've managed to get done?
    Last edited by emily123; 12-09-2017 at 4:26 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,326Posts Today

8,195Users online

Martin's Twitter