Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kashim99
    • By kashim99 12th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kashim99
    Gladstones Solicitors - Parking control management
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    Gladstones Solicitors - Parking control management 12th Sep 17 at 4:13 PM
    Hi, this is my first time i am posting a thread here and would appreciate any help if possible.

I recently received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors requesting monies for an unpaid parking fine.

I went into a Petrol station to put some petrol in, parked up and then went to use the cash machine, however the cash machine wasn't working so i decided to walk to the Tesco express next door. I received a letter almost 6 weeks later from a debt collection agency called Trace saying that I needed to pay the parking fine as well as additional costs totaling £160.

This came as a shock to me, i decided to ignore them after reading various threads online and only yesterday I receive a letter from Gladstones Solicitors.

I spoke to the manager at Shell and he said this has got nothing to do with them and that I should take it up with the Parking company. Also after doing a little bit of research and reading some news articles I discovered i wasn't the first person that they did this to.

I do not know what to do now and this is really stressing me out.

Should I continue ignoring them or just pay up?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
    Last edited by kashim99; 13-09-2017 at 1:25 PM. Reason: Error
Page 1
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 613 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    safarmuk
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    The only way you can be made to pay is if PCM issue a Small Claim against you (via MCOL) and they win the case in front of a District Judge which you can defend robustly with the help of people on here.

But firstly you need to edit the post above to say "the Driver parked" and "the Driver went to fill up" as the PPC's monitor these sites looking for information.

Then post more information, such as - what was the purported infringement, was the ticket given whilst the driver was parked on the petrol station forecourt etc.

If the ticket was given on Shells forecourt then the driver was a paying customer and should not have this ticket, so go on social media (Facebook, Twitter) and complain, go back to the forecourt and ask for the email address of the regional manager and complain to him. Landowner cancellations are the easiest and quickest way to see this off. Hopefully the driver still has proof of purchase (e.g. receipt, debit or credit card statements). if so use this in your complaints.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Sep 17, 5:23 PM
    • 33,318 Posts
    • 17,241 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:23 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:23 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now and read up on the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with it.

You were wrong to ignore in the first place, but now need to ignore debt collectors and wait and see if they take Court action against you.

If you have any questions after reading the faq then post them here
    Last edited by Quentin; 12-09-2017 at 5:26 PM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Sep 17, 6:39 PM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:39 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:39 PM
    kashim99

Did you pay by card or have the petrol receipt, if so
    you can prove you were a patron of the site
    It is not your problem that the cash machine on site was faulty

The £60 part is what vermin debt collectors add on and
    very difficult to reclaim in court

The Gladstones letter ... who does it ask you to pay ???
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • kashim99
    • By kashim99 13th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kashim99
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    Hi thank you all for the advice you have given me.

Unfortunately I paid cash and and am not able to find the receipt (wont be doing that again). The ticket that was issued was not a physical one, they took a picture from inside the garage and it was only 6 weeks after I received a letter from Trace (debt collection agency) informing me that I had an unpaid parking ticket under my name, The letter did not contain any information regarding the contravention.

The Gladstones letter states that I have 14 days to pay £160 otherwise legal action may be taken against me in the County Courts.

It also states that I run the risk of having a judgement registered against my name which will affect my credit rating and that I will need to seek legal advice if i do not understand the contents of the letter.

Shall I ignore this letter as advised and wait to see if they take legal action, I am worried that this may go court and then I'm slapped with a bigger fine.

Please advise.

Thanks
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Sep 17, 1:57 PM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:57 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:57 PM
    Hi thank you all for the advice you have given me.

Unfortunately I paid cash and and am not able to find the receipt (wont be doing that again). The ticket that was issued was not a physical one, they took a picture from inside the garage and it was only 6 weeks after I received a letter from Trace (debt collection agency) informing me that I had an unpaid parking ticket under my name, The letter did not contain any information regarding the contravention.

The Gladstones letter states that I have 14 days to pay £160 otherwise legal action may be taken against me in the County Courts.

It also states that I run the risk of having a judgement registered against my name which will affect my credit rating and that I will need to seek legal advice if i do not understand the contents of the letter.

Shall I ignore this letter as advised and wait to see if they take legal action, I am worried that this may go court and then I'm slapped with a bigger fine.

Please advise.

Thanks
    Originally posted by kashim99
    Picture from inside the garage, sounds more like the staff
    doing this and passing it on to the PPC.
    PCM offer a revenue share scheme

Gladstones up to their normal rubbish thinking they are
    judge and jury when it comes to a CCJ

It's 50/50 if they win which means they can lose

If you lose, you would only get a CCJ if you did not pay.
    These bad boys tend to fabricate

Debt collectors can be ignored

You need to get your facts together with pictures of the
    signs, where they are located, are they seen easily
    Last edited by beamerguy; 13-09-2017 at 2:10 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 2:04 PM
    • 33,318 Posts
    • 17,241 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:04 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:04 PM
    The advice here is as previously posted . Ignore debt collectors. Respond if you get letter before court action.

If your letter states "may" then that's not a lbcca!

The rest about you bring affected by court action is just scaremongering.

You only get s ccj registered against you if you ignore court correspondence or refuse to pay should you lose in court
    • kashim99
    • By kashim99 13th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kashim99
    • 13th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    I've never been to County Court so not sure how it works, do I need a legal representative or do i just turn up on my own?

Also, assuming that this doesn't go in my favour do i then pay the original penalty notice or the £160 they want from me
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 13th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    You turn up on your own.
    You will pay about £175.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

722Posts Today

6,140Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin