Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ricky Murry
    • By Ricky Murry 12th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ricky Murry
    TAP and EC Regulation 261/2004
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    TAP and EC Regulation 261/2004 12th Sep 17 at 3:56 PM
    Made a claim (using MSE template) to TAP airlines for flight delays via their email address. They ignored it completely. Then I sent a recorded delivery letter to their UK office. They again ignored it completely. That was months ago. Just wondering if that is how they behave to everyone or has anyone had any success using another route? Research suggest that they are not good at coughing-up when it comes to compensation.

Also I believe they are signed up to CEDR dispute resolution. Does anyone have any expereince of this? Again anecdotally I have heard of airlines being being told to compensate at one of these arbitration services and still refusing to pay. Is it better to just go to the small clains court straight away?

Any help or advice appreciated
Page 1
    • JPears
    • By JPears 12th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    JPears
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    Try the ADR if they are signed up to one. If you have a good case it will cost you nothing. If you are successful but the don't pay up, then it might may things easier going to court. Make a complaint to VISA about TAP ignoring you.
    Have you sent an NBA/LBA to TAP?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

182Posts Today

1,869Users online

Martin's Twitter