Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tmonkey
    • By tmonkey 12th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tmonkey
    Multiple small pensions from different providers
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    Multiple small pensions from different providers 12th Sep 17 at 2:56 PM
    Hi,

I've had 5 jobs in the past 10 years where I've paid into a workplace pension. Majority of them have been through different providers, although a couple used the same (Scottish Widows) albeit different accounts as you'd expect. I've only ever paid in the default minimum amount so these are all fairly smallish amounts.

I therefore have some questions:

1) If/when I reach pension age will they automatically start paying, and if so how will they know my bank details? Or do I have to keep track and make claims?

2) Is it better to move them all into one pension (my current employers' one)? Is it even an option? And is there an easy process to do this, e.g. can I get my current pension provider to do this for me as a service like a bank account transfer?

3) If I change addresses or go overseas I assume I'm required to notify each different pension provider?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by tmonkey; 12-09-2017 at 2:59 PM.
Page 1
    • Andyjflet
    • By Andyjflet 12th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Andyjflet
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    Good idea to get advice and perhaps consider putting them into one pot, otherwise as you say you need to advise of change of address etc on all these accounts.

Whats the total amount of value of the pensions ?

Are any of the pensions final salary ?
    M&S Loan £9154
    Barclays Overdraft £2500
    Leeds Mortgage £70300
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 12th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 22,852 Posts
    • 13,207 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    Are these all DC /money purchase pensions?

Is your current pension a DC or DB pension?

Whichever type, would it accept a transfer in?

If DB, would you be required to wait until Scheme Normal Retirement Age to take your benefits without actuarial reduction?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,932Posts Today

8,580Users online

Martin's Twitter