Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gmmdnbr
    • By gmmdnbr 12th Sep 17, 2:44 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gmmdnbr
    Vodafone failed to set up payment plan and refusing to resume services
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:44 PM
    Vodafone failed to set up payment plan and refusing to resume services 12th Sep 17 at 2:44 PM
    Hi all

So I've had a few issues with Vodafone over the last couple of years. I am currently behind with payments due to previous financial difficulty. I have spoken to Vodafone numerous times about this, and twice I have been told that a monthly payment of £70 is sufficient.

The first time they said "just submit a payment of £70 each month until the balance is clear"

The second time they took my account details and set up a direct debit for £70 a month. However that £70 is still sat in my bank account and my line has been cut off. I've called Vodafone and explained that I have set up a payment plan, and the chap on the phone said my account details were not entered on their system and the plan was not set up!

Vodafone have now said they will not resume my services until I pay £200 upfront and then pay 3 installments of £151 - even though they have previously said otherwise!

I appreciate that I owe them money, however I think £70 installments are perfectly reasonsable. Please can someone see where I stand with this, seriously considering snapping the simcard and cutting all ties with them....
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 12th Sep 17, 3:08 PM
    • 9,842 Posts
    • 4,051 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:08 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:08 PM
    << seriously considering snapping the simcard and cutting all ties with them....>>

But you would still have a debt with them that they will chase you for .

Money difficulties then leaving them and going PAYG may be your best option for the future .
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 12th Sep 17, 3:17 PM
    • 7,479 Posts
    • 2,340 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:17 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:17 PM
    Given that you owe so much it would be like taking a portion and leaving you with a blank cheque-book to increase the debt. Vodafone have an establish track record of telling people what they want to hear and then ignoring it. All you could do is follow the usual advice to contact the WRT as constantly repeated on the main Vodafone complaints thread.
    • d123
    • By d123 12th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 6,688 Posts
    • 4,264 Thanks
    d123
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    Hi all

So I've had a few issues with Vodafone over the last couple of years. I am currently behind with payments due to previous financial difficulty. I have spoken to Vodafone numerous times about this, and twice I have been told that a monthly payment of £70 is sufficient.

The first time they said "just submit a payment of £70 each month until the balance is clear"

The second time they took my account details and set up a direct debit for £70 a month. However that £70 is still sat in my bank account and my line has been cut off. I've called Vodafone and explained that I have set up a payment plan, and the chap on the phone said my account details were not entered on their system and the plan was not set up!

Vodafone have now said they will not resume my services until I pay £200 upfront and then pay 3 installments of £151 - even though they have previously said otherwise!

I appreciate that I owe them money, however I think £70 installments are perfectly reasonsable. Please can someone see where I stand with this, seriously considering snapping the simcard and cutting all ties with them....
    Originally posted by gmmdnbr
    I don’t think any network will reactivate service whilst you’re significantly in debt and on a payment plan and try to remember, as with any debt you don’t get to demand what you’re wanting to pay back, it’s up to the company to decide if they’re willing to take less than the amount owing and at what amount per month, so perhaps a change of attitude and approach the problem with the thought that they are in effect doing you a favour by accepting payments.

Snapping the SIM card and sticking your head in the sand won’t make the debt go away, in fact it will make things worse...
    ====
  • Vodafone
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    Hi gmmdnbr,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

So I can access your account to see what's happened, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,661Posts Today

6,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin