Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cpu2007
    • By Cpu2007 12th Sep 17, 1:31 PM
    • 644Posts
    • 36Thanks
    Cpu2007
    Returning shoes after wearing them - painful
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:31 PM
    Returning shoes after wearing them - painful 12th Sep 17 at 1:31 PM
    I hope someone can advice me on this.

I bought some very expensive shoes online, these are trainers, to be used in the gym.
    When I received them, I worn them at the gym but I found them to be uncomfortable/painful.

I took them to one of the nearest stores and explained them the situation but they refused to return those shoes back because they were worn once.

I looked online and if I understand this correctly, I have the right to return shoes back within 14 days for any reason, that could be if the look and feel of those trainers isn't as advertised

Reading their description I felt they are good on a variety of surfaces and good trainers for gym

" hard-wearing, comfortable ride. An Air Sole unit in the heel keeps your feet feeling good with maximum impact protection, while a herringbone traction pattern to the outsole delivers multidirectional movement on a variety of surfaces."

However that isn't the case, something I found out only after testing them at the gym.

What are my rights here?

Thanks
Page 3
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Sep 17, 1:52 PM
    • 19,283 Posts
    • 9,385 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    You might be thinking that the condition of those shoes might be awful but I look after them and yes they are trainers, the can be used both in the gym and outside.
    Originally posted by Cpu2007
    You are missing the point. The shoes may well be perfectly suitable for walking about in all day, but a courtesy to other users (and the floor of the gym) is to not wear outdoor shoes which can bring in unwelcome street dirt and foot odour etc

The "condition" of the shoes might be fine , but how do you contend with the sweat your feet produce while running and working out? The life of the shoes will also be considerably shortened by using them for all activity.

You really should be thoroughly drying out your shoes after every workout and certainly not putting them back on to go home in. Ideally, you should be "resting" your shoes and the only way to do this is to have at least two pair to alternate between sessions.

Anyway, we are digressing from the point of your thread. You've bought the wrong shoes, so you've mis-bought and cannot expect a refund if you've already used them unless you can show they are somehow faulty.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 14th Sep 17, 2:32 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 540 Thanks
    Manxman in exile

I appreciate the help in terms of what could be done to break into these trainers.
    Will definitely try it.
    Originally posted by Cpu2007

Sometimes you need to break your foot in too

If you are going to try to persevere with them you could also try Compeed. It's designed to protect existing blisters but I've also found it good for preventing blisters on areas where shoes are rubbing.

There's also stuff like chiropody felt that does a similar job. Most chemists (esp a big Boots branch) have a foot care section - have a browse round there. I think Compeed also do a spray that puts a protective layer on areas that are rubbed.

If cost is an issue for you then try Vaseline(!) or even wear two pairs of socks. We used to do a lot of hillwalking in Scotland but my wife suffers really badly from foot blisters. She found that an inner layer of Coolmax liner socks worked really well. It really reduces friction (if this is the problem in your case).

Apart from that, I agree with the other posters on here.

Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,349Posts Today

7,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin