Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SLEH2017
    • By SLEH2017 12th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SLEH2017
    Misinformed flight cancelled when it wasn't- can I get compensation?
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    Misinformed flight cancelled when it wasn't- can I get compensation? 12th Sep 17 at 1:18 PM
    Hi,
    We were supposed to fly home from Orlando to Manchester on Monday, which was understandably cancelled due to the hurricane. We were placed on Tuesdays flight instead. When I looked on my app it said flight cancelled despite refreshing it (this appears to be a glitch in the app as despite shutting it down and reopening it is still there for my new flight despite confirming it is on still). So I phoned the airline who confirmed it was cancelled and that the only way I could get home Tuesday would be to fly to Gatwick and make our own way back up north or fly Wednesday to Manchester. I am almost certain she told me all manchester flights were cancelled. We have taken the wednesday option. Yesterday evening I was checking flight status and found our Tuesday flight wasn't cancelled at all, just a different flight at same time to same destination was cancelled but with a different flight number to ours. I contacted the airline who basically said sorry but nothing they can do as that flight is now full so we have no choice but to come home Wednesday. I have put a formal complaint in and I am waiting to hear back. I understand we do not get compensation for the Monday cancelled flight due to the weather, but surely we should be compensated for being told our flight was cancelled when it wasn't- which was their error and has effectively delayed us getting home by 24hours? Also, I'm concerned they won't reimburse our food and accommodation costs now as they will say we didn't fly on the earliest flight offered. I'm praying they have the phone call which I have given them full details of. We have had to rearrange appointments, work etc, missing further days pay as well as paying out in advance for now in unnecessary accommodation.
    Any help or advice if we have any chance here would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:45 PM

Any help or advice if we have any chance here would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by SLEH2017
    Hi,

For the present time just google and download 'Vaubans guide' which contains loads of useful info.

Make sure you keep your receipts for any costs you incur while stuck in Florida.

You can sort the rest out when you get back and you have been updated by your airline.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Tyzap; 12-09-2017 at 1:47 PM. Reason: typo
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • SLEH2017
    • By SLEH2017 12th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SLEH2017
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    Thank you, I'm keeping all receipts together and have the email to send them too. I'm really annoyed about being misinformed our flight today was cancelled when it isn't so I'm really hoping that would allow us to apply for compensation as it has delayed us 24 hours.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,830Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin