Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 17, 1:17 PM
    • 418Posts
    • 209Thanks
    Raxiel
    New E.ON tarrifs - Go Online and Clean Energy
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:17 PM
    New E.ON tarrifs - Go Online and Clean Energy 12th Sep 17 at 1:17 PM
    Don't know how long they've been around but I just saw them when doing a quick check today:

E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 - Looks pretty good for a big 6 tariff. About £70 a year more expensive than my current Iresa deal, close enough that I'll probably switch to lock in the price for the whole of next winter (and get my smart meter smart again).

E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 Year v1. Another £120 a year on top of that. Not amazing compared to green tariffs from other suppliers, but better than half of their other tariffs.

Presumably the 'Online' tariff is online only, although the website is pretty light on details, stating only that the price is fixed for 12 months (subject to tax and regulatory changes of course). No sign of it on the CEC, is that because it's new or because E.ON don't want to pay referral fees? If it were on there I'd have switched already, any comments Malc/Helena?

The clean energy tariff is on CEC, takes a bit of scrolling to get to it but it does have the £25 cashback.
Page 2
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 14th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    MrsWenger

Morning MrsWenger,

We're very well thank you, hope you are as well.

Thank you for the extra information and thank you Raxiel for the instructions

It sounds to me like the gas and electricity are on separate account numbers and aren't currently on a OneBill so it's showing them separately.

Do you log in with the same username for both?

The Go online tariff is only available for Dual Fuel or electricity accounts only, that's why it's not showing for the gas by itself.

We can fix it though, so don't worry. We need to get the accounts linked, it might be something you can do via the online account, here's how.

Select Update your details from the My account drop down menu on the account navigation at the top of the page.

Select add another account.
    Enter the account number you would like to link to your online account and then click Register.

It may be that you don't get the option of adding another account, this means we'll need to get it done for you.

I'll help you if you need me, so just ask

Thank you

Helena
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Hi Helena, pleased to hear you and Malc are well. All good with me, thank you

Thank you very much for the reply. Both accounts are accessible using one login and, whilst I can see them both in the drop down box, when I follow the route you suggested I get the following message - "Our records show that there are no more accounts available to be added.
    Your accounts will need to be linked by us to be able to use the same login details."

If you could help me to sort this I would very much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Tracey
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Hi Helena, pleased to hear you and Malc are well. All good with me, thank you

Thank you very much for the reply. Both accounts are accessible using one login and, whilst I can see them both in the drop down box, when I follow the route you suggested I get the following message - "Our records show that there are no more accounts available to be added.
    Your accounts will need to be linked by us to be able to use the same login details."

If you could help me to sort this I would very much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Tracey
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    Morning MrsWenger,

Thank you for letting me know

No problem at all, if you email me the account number and full address I'll have a look and get it sorted out for you.

Our forums email is WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 15th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Morning MrsWenger,

Thank you for letting me know

No problem at all, if you email me the account number and full address I'll have a look and get it sorted out for you.

Our forums email is WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com

Thank you

Helena
    Hi Helena,

I have mailed over the details as requested. Thank you so much for your help; Eon might not always be the cheapest but the great service you and Malcolm provides means I am happy to stay with you

Best wishes,

Tracey
    Hi Helena,

I have mailed over the details as requested. Thank you so much for your help; Eon might not always be the cheapest but the great service you and Malcolm provides means I am happy to stay with you

Best wishes,

Tracey
    Hiya Tracey,

Thank you ever so much for the kind words we do try our best.

Got the email and I've replied to you.

I'll be back in touch early next week, so leave it with me.

Thanks again, have a lovely weekend.

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 15th Sep 17, 6:02 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Hiya Tracey,

Thank you ever so much for the kind words we do try our best.

Got the email and I've replied to you.

I'll be back in touch early next week, so leave it with me.

Thanks again, have a lovely weekend.

Helena
    You guys do a great job Helena!

I haven't received your emai yet so I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the good wishes, you too
    You guys do a great job Helena!

I haven't received your emai yet so I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the good wishes, you too
    Good morning Tracey,

I'm so sorry you didn't get my email, I've come in to an undeliverable message.

I've emailed you again this morning and it appears to have gone through ok.

Just let me know if you receive it please the account is pretty much sorted.

Thanks again

Helena
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 19th Sep 17, 1:23 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Good morning Tracey,

I'm so sorry you didn't get my email, I've come in to an undeliverable message.

I've emailed you again this morning and it appears to have gone through ok.

Just let me know if you receive it please the account is pretty much sorted.

Thanks again

Helena
    Hi Helena,

I got your message and have replied just now

Many thanks for sorting this for me. I really appreciate your help and we are lucky to have you and Malc available to us.

Best wishes,

Tracey
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 19th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Hi Helena,

I got your message and have replied just now

Many thanks for sorting this for me. I really appreciate your help and we are lucky to have you and Malc available to us.

Best wishes,

Tracey
    Hi again Helena,

I have just logged on and the changes you have made to the account are already active. I have just switched to the Go Online tariff which will save my father in law £305 for the year which is great news indeed!

Thank you again!

Best wishes,

Tracey
    Hi again Helena,

I have just logged on and the changes you have made to the account are already active. I have just switched to the Go Online tariff which will save my father in law £305 for the year which is great news indeed!

Thank you again!

Best wishes,

Tracey
    Wonderful!

I've emailed you back as well, not sure where I went wrong with the first email

Thank you very much.

Helena
    • Maxine71
    • By Maxine71 19th Sep 17, 2:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Maxine71
    Saver Fixed 1 year V13
    Hi E-On,

Are you able to tell me the reason why you have withdrawn your Saver Fixed 1 Year v13 tariff?

I received a letter from you dated 10th Sept quoting this as the cheapest as my fixed tariff is due for renewal. You quoted a huge combined saving of £245.47 a year.

But when I went online to switch, I was only offered the Go Online 1 year v1 at a significantly lesser saving of £128.12.

I called customer services to be told the original tariff had been withdrawn in the past week as a 'business decision'. But surely if the offer has already been made in writing, you need to offer your customers the tariff quoted?
    Hi E-On,

Are you able to tell me the reason why you have withdrawn your Saver Fixed 1 Year v13 tariff?

I received a letter from you dated 10th Sept quoting this as the cheapest as my fixed tariff is due for renewal. You quoted a huge combined saving of £245.47 a year.

But when I went online to switch, I was only offered the Go Online 1 year v1 at a significantly lesser saving of £128.12.

I called customer services to be told the original tariff had been withdrawn in the past week as a 'business decision'. But surely if the offer has already been made in writing, you need to offer your customers the tariff quoted?
    Originally posted by Maxine71
    Good morning Maxine71 and welcome to the forums.

You're right the Saver Fixed 1 Year v13 was removed from sale on the 13th September 2017.

We are able to remove tariffs at any time and it does say this on letters and the website.

This tariff was available from 15th August 2017 and it was removed when we brought out the Go Online tariff.

I'm sorry to see you're disappointed though and that the new tariff isn't as good for you.

From what you've said here, you did receive the letter in time to go on the tariff and appears you've tried to switch after the end date.

I do know things like this can be frustrating.

Thank you

Helena
    • Maxine71
    • By Maxine71 20th Sep 17, 11:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Maxine71
    Not good enough
    I'm afraid this isn't good enough. The letter was dated the 10th, but didn't actually arrive until Sat 16th, and I called on Mon 18th.

I therefore seek further clarification ASAP.

It would appear that you offered a false tariff to entice customers on paper, then withdrew the offer before they could upgrade so they would sign up to the significantly less online tariff regardless.

I await your reply.

Also, I would appreciate if you coyld confirm how many of your customers actually benefitted from this tariff before it was pulled for 'business reasons'.
    Good morning Maxine71,

I wouldn't know how many customers went on the tariff, this would just be business information and isn't passed down to myself.

It appears the letter may have been slow going through the post, we don't have any control over this sort of thing unfortunately.

All of our tariffs are available to see on our website, whenever you'd like, this is normally the easiest way to do a little comparison and you can change your tariff yourself there and then.

So I'd always say to customers to keep a close eye on the website and register for an online account, if you don't already have one. It's gives you complete control over your account.

Thank you

Helena
    • Maxine71
    • By Maxine71 21st Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Maxine71
    Thanks for coming back to me Helena.

However, I am still a little puzzled as to why this particular tariff was only available for such a short period of time - given its a yearly fixed tariff which presumably is being upheld for the next 12 months by those who were 'lucky' enough to receive a letter in time.

Also, while I appreciate E-On have every right to remove tariffs, surely it is only right by their customers that they uphold any offers made in writing before the date the tariff offered was made unavailable on the basis they were obviously aware this particular tariff would be made unavailable - in my particular case 3 days after the letter was dated/before letters would be received.

It would also be great to get more detail as to why in the online tariff offered instead will only save me less than half as much as its predecessor. Unless the price of gas & electricity has doubled since Sept 13th, I fail to understand why the replacement tariff doesn't offer savings at a comparable rate.

Any info would be much appreciated.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 21st Sep 17, 12:08 PM
    • 4,540 Posts
    • 2,708 Thanks
    Hengus

However, I am still a little puzzled as to why this particular tariff was only available for such a short period of time - given its a yearly fixed tariff which presumably is being upheld for the next 12 months by those who were 'lucky' enough to receive a letter in time.
    Originally posted by Maxine71
    E.oN has on a number of occasions offered a very competitive tariff only to withdraw it within days. I suspect that this is down to the fact that the tariff is targeted at a particular number of consumers. Once this limit is reached, the tariff is automatically withdrawn.

This might not seem fair but this is how the domestic energy sector works. Being with E.oN does enable you to switch tariffs without paying exit fees.
    • Maxine71
    • By Maxine71 22nd Sep 17, 2:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Maxine71
    Thanks for this. Am disappointed E-On haven't replied given I am currently looking for alternative providers purely on the basis of my recent treatment after many years of being a 'satisfied' customer - coupled with the fact they have chosen not to continue with their Tesco Clubcard deal - unless that was a Tesco decision.

This '3 week only' tariff has opened my eyes as to how this company currently operate given I can assume I am one of thousands of customers who did not receive a letter before they withdrew the offer, so are unable to benefit...
    • charlie12
    • By charlie12 22nd Sep 17, 3:41 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    charlie12
    Maxine71,

I am also in the exact same position as yourself, having been offered the v13 tariff by letter and by email and then unable to actually switch to it as it was withdrawn prematurely.

The tariff that is being offered now, the Go Online 1 year v1 is significantly more expensive.

At the very least, out of courtesy E.ON should be contacting every customer who they sent the v13 offer to and informing them that it is no longer available.

E.ON, when will you be informing your loyal customers of this early withdrawal after teasing them with an near-unobtainable offer?
    • michaels
    • By michaels 22nd Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    • 19,743 Posts
    • 90,178 Thanks
    michaels
    Good morning Maxine71,

I wouldn't know how many customers went on the tariff, this would just be business information and isn't passed down to myself.

It appears the letter may have been slow going through the post, we don't have any control over this sort of thing unfortunately.

All of our tariffs are available to see on our website, whenever you'd like, this is normally the easiest way to do a little comparison and you can change your tariff yourself there and then.

So I'd always say to customers to keep a close eye on the website and register for an online account, if you don't already have one. It's gives you complete control over your account.

Thank you

Helena
    Helena

You may not be aware but this is not true. My fix is ending and I was emailed a link to a special tariff that was only available through that link. If I log into the Eon website and do a comparison I don't see this tariff, the best standard offer is £200 per year more.

However even the 'special deal' is still not market leading costing £240 per year more than the cheapest available one year fix. Would it not make sense for Eon to offer to price match those who are planning to leave in order to save the cost of new customer acquisition?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • nicobrum
    • By nicobrum 24th Sep 17, 3:59 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    nicobrum
    I am also in the exact same position as yourself, having been offered the v13 tariff by letter and by email and then unable to actually switch to it as it was withdrawn prematurely.

The tariff that is being offered now, the Go Online 1 year v1 is significantly more expensive.

At the very least, out of courtesy E.ON should be contacting every customer who they sent the v13 offer to and informing them that it is no longer available.

E.ON, when will you be informing your loyal customers of this early withdrawal after teasing them with an near-unobtainable offer?
    Originally posted by charlie12
    It was hardly withdrawn early, the tariff was available for 4 weeks, the longest for some months, previous ones have been 2-3 weeks. As EON do not send out emails advising of new tariffs as they have done previously, I'm assuming that those who received a letter from them are coming to the end of your tariff fixed period. There is nothing to stop you keeping an eye on the site itself, something that I and many others do. In the past the new tariff notifications didn't arrive very quickly which may be part of the reason for dropping them.

As Hengus says, with EON you can switch from one fixed to another without penalties, something I have now done three times this year to get a better tariff. It just involves being proactive and keeping an eye on the website or comparison sites.

I've been an EON customer since 2008, what I've noticed this year is that the prices for different distribution regions differ with each tariff, when in the past they seemed to be the same. v13 was about the same as v10 for me in the Midlands distribution region but more expensive for my parents who are East Midlands regions. The current Go Online v1 tariff would be £20 per year more expensive for me but £70 cheaper per year than their current tariff for my parents who are moving to it from v5 which they switched to earlier this year. It does pay to keep an eye on things. Last year I stayed on the same tariff from Jan 2016-Jan 2017 because no subsequent tariff was any cheaper. Since January I've switched now three times to get a better tariff. It does depend on the market. While I can sympathise that you have missed the cheaper tariff, there has been sufficient publicity over recent years to suggest that it would be prudent to keep an eye on what is happening and not just wait for your current fixed tariff to expire.
    Good morning,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are unhappy that the tariff has been withdrawn.

As nicobrum and Hengus have said, you can change from one E.ON tariff to another without paying an exit fee.

I do always suggest keeping an eye on the website as we can remove tariffs at any time and this one did actually last a while.

Thanks michaels, yes this can happen.

Thank you.

Helena
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,128Posts Today

9,135Users online

Martin's Twitter