Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 17, 1:17 PM
    • 312Posts
    • 151Thanks
    Raxiel
    New E.ON tarrifs - Go Online and Clean Energy
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:17 PM
    New E.ON tarrifs - Go Online and Clean Energy 12th Sep 17 at 1:17 PM
    Don't know how long they've been around but I just saw them when doing a quick check today:

E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 - Looks pretty good for a big 6 tariff. About £70 a year more expensive than my current Iresa deal, close enough that I'll probably switch to lock in the price for the whole of next winter (and get my smart meter smart again).

E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 Year v1. Another £120 a year on top of that. Not amazing compared to green tariffs from other suppliers, but better than half of their other tariffs.

Presumably the 'Online' tariff is online only, although the website is pretty light on details, stating only that the price is fixed for 12 months (subject to tax and regulatory changes of course). No sign of it on the CEC, is that because it's new or because E.ON don't want to pay referral fees? If it were on there I'd have switched already, any comments Malc/Helena?

The clean energy tariff is on CEC, takes a bit of scrolling to get to it but it does have the £25 cashback.
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    • 17,008 Posts
    • 11,186 Thanks
    molerat
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    Showing Saver v13 as cheapest for me, will have to scroll down to see if they are there but the v13 was pretty far down the list ! Found Clean, £200 dearer than Saver v13 so definitely not even worth considering.
    Last edited by molerat; 12-09-2017 at 1:27 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 17, 1:30 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:30 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:30 PM
    Showing Saver v13 as cheapest for me, will have to scroll down to see if they are there but the v13 was pretty far down the list ! Found Clean, £200 dearer than Saver v13 so definitely not even worth considering.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Yeah, that one appears on the CEC for me, but it doesn't show for me on E.ON's own website, I just have:
    Online (£744.56)
    Cap and Track (£855.05)
    Clean (£903.77 like you say, not great, many small companies with green tariffs under £800 for my usage but it's second place if you stick with the big 6)
    Fixed 1 year v22 (£942.09)
    Fixed 2 year v11 (£970.65)
    Energy plan (SVT) (£970.65)

V13 was £845 for me when it was there.
    Last edited by Raxiel; 12-09-2017 at 1:35 PM.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    Don't know how long they've been around but I just saw them when doing a quick check today:

E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 - Looks pretty good for a big 6 tariff. About £70 a year more expensive than my current Iresa deal, close enough that I'll probably switch to lock in the price for the whole of next winter (and get my smart meter smart again).

E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 Year v1. Another £120 a year on top of that. Not amazing compared to green tariffs from other suppliers, but better than half of their other tariffs.

Presumably the 'Online' tariff is online only, although the website is pretty light on details, stating only that the price is fixed for 12 months (subject to tax and regulatory changes of course). No sign of it on the CEC, is that because it's new or because E.ON don't want to pay referral fees? If it were on there I'd have switched already, any comments Malc/Helena?

The clean energy tariff is on CEC, takes a bit of scrolling to get to it but it does have the £25 cashback.
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    Hiya Raxiel,

Spot on, we have got a couple of new tariffs out.

E.ON Go Online 1 year v1 is available for new and existing customers and fixes your prices for 1 year. Existing customers will need an active online account to switch but you won’t have to opt-in to paperless billing (although you do get a small discount if you have paperless bills)

You do have to pay by monthly Direct Debit.

You should be able to switch to it through
    our website and price comparison sites. So not sure about CEC.

If you log in to your online account and use the 'pick a new tariff' it should do a quote for you and you'll see all of the info that you need.

E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 year. Is also available to both new and existing customers and is only available to customers paying by Monthly Direct Debit.

There more info on the website as well
    Raxiel.

Thanks again.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    Thanks Helena, I used to manage my account online anyway so it sounds like it would be no different for me if I switched back. Think I'll wait a day or two to see if it appears on the CEC though, £25 cashback would bring it down to just £3 a month more than I'm paying right now.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 12th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 682 Posts
    • 548 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    @raxiel
    The E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 tariff is showing for me on CEC now.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Sep 17, 2:37 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:37 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:37 PM
    @raxiel
    The E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 tariff is showing for me on CEC now.
    Originally posted by gsmlnx
    Thanks!

Applied for the switch, now to find out if Iresa will play silly beggars or let me leave graciously (Not to mention my £107 of credit).

Edit: Helena
    My old E.ON account still exists (closed but allows access to my old bills and transactions)
    I supplied a different email address to CEC/Money Supermarket as part of the switch, will it be possible to reactivate that old account with all it's legacy information or will I get set up with another account?
    I thought about just changing the email address on the old account to match but it doesn't seem to have the option.
    Last edited by Raxiel; 12-09-2017 at 2:54 PM.
    • stewie_griffin
    • By stewie_griffin 12th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    stewie_griffin
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    Thanks for the heads up Raxiel. I'm already with E.ON (electric only Economy 7) and I've switch from Fixed Saver 13 to Go Online and my unit prices have gone down from 17.105p & 7.283p to 15.215p & 6.962p (including VAT). The standing charge hasn't changed - about 16p per day.
    • edwink
    • By edwink 12th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 11,697 Thanks
    edwink
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    Thanks from me too Raxiel. Just fixed mine for 1 year.

Edwink
    3.36 kWp system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solar Edge Inverter
    7 ducks ~ 11 hens ~ 1 handsome Cockerel
    2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing Hybrid Toyota Auris car

Hens & ducks chat thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Sep 17, 10:50 AM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Actually I just realised that E.ON kind of told me about the new online tariff a month a go via their focus group, guess I should start paying attention to those emails again.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 13th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    • 221 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Hi Helena or Malc, I hope you are both well.

Would one of you be able to help with an enquiry on behalf of my father in law please?

I can see the new Go Online tariff will be cheaper for him but his account online shows two separate areas for gas and electricity. The Go Online shows as an option within electricity but not within gas; that only shows the standard option in the search results. I only have electricity at home so I am not sure what to do on his account to sort the new option for both fuels.

Thanks very much,

Tracey
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Sep 17, 1:24 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Hi Helena or Malc, I hope you are both well.

Would one of you be able to help with an enquiry on behalf of my father in law please?

I can see the new Go Online tariff will be cheaper for him but his account online shows two separate areas for gas and electricity. The Go Online shows as an option within electricity but not within gas; that only shows the standard option in the search results. I only have electricity at home so I am not sure what to do on his account to sort the new option for both fuels.

Thanks very much,

Tracey
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    When you say it showing in the two different sections, do you mean a 'you could be paying less' message?

I don't have an active E.ON account right now and they've changed the site a bit since I did, so I'm going from memory.
    If you log in and choose 'get an energy quote' or 'find our best deal for you' or something like that (the header image of the page has a family with a couple of young girls). That should take you to a customer version of their normal quote tool that has things like consumption, dual/single fuel, meter type, and economy 7 split (where relevant) pre-filled.

If you go through that it will list all their tariffs with the cheapest first. Go Online should appear in that list (and should be the first). I think for existing customers it also lists the price difference from your current tariff there too.
    You can look for more details and then expand the tariff information label for exact unit rates. If it's still something you want to go for, you can request the switch from that page and it should do both fuels.
    • nicobrum
    • By nicobrum 13th Sep 17, 6:16 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    nicobrum
    Fingers crossed the new Go Online tariff works out cheaper for my parents in East Midlands region than the previous few. Been getting some grief about the fact that three out of the last four fixed tariffs have been cheaper for Midlands region than East Midlands. I appreciate the reasons why but parents seem to think its a conspiracy against them. They're currently on Saver v5 expiring in January so would be good if something came up sooner.
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 13th Sep 17, 8:04 PM
    • 221 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    When you say it showing in the two different sections, do you mean a 'you could be paying less' message?

I don't have an active E.ON account right now and they've changed the site a bit since I did, so I'm going from memory.
    If you log in and choose 'get an energy quote' or 'find our best deal for you' or something like that (the header image of the page has a family with a couple of young girls). That should take you to a customer version of their normal quote tool that has things like consumption, dual/single fuel, meter type, and economy 7 split (where relevant) pre-filled.

If you go through that it will list all their tariffs with the cheapest first. Go Online should appear in that list (and should be the first). I think for existing customers it also lists the price difference from your current tariff there too.
    You can look for more details and then expand the tariff information label for exact unit rates. If it's still something you want to go for, you can request the switch from that page and it should do both fuels.
    Hi Raxiel, thanks for your reply. No, when I login to father in laws account (we have power of attorney by the way, I am not doing it without his permission!) there is a drop down list on the front account page, one takes me to the electricity information and the other to the gas details. Following the find me the best deal route brings up Go Online for electricity but nothing other than the current standard option within the gas section when I follow the same process. I don't have gas in my area hence I am not familiar with what dual fuel customers would normally see?
    Thanks!

Applied for the switch, now to find out if Iresa will play silly beggars or let me leave graciously (Not to mention my £107 of credit).

Edit: Helena
    My old E.ON account still exists (closed but allows access to my old bills and transactions)
    I supplied a different email address to CEC/Money Supermarket as part of the switch, will it be possible to reactivate that old account with all it's legacy information or will I get set up with another account?
    I thought about just changing the email address on the old account to match but it doesn't seem to have the option.
    Morning Raxiel,

Sorry for the late reply Malc is on holiday this week, so I'm plodding on alone.

Good to see you've decided to change to the tariff.

You will have a new account, with a new account number and you'll need to register it online with a new username.

I don't think we can link it, but it might be something you can have a word with the sales team about. Or I can for you.

Thanks

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Hi Raxiel, thanks for your reply. No, when I login to father in laws account (we have power of attorney by the way, I am not doing it without his permission!) there is a drop down list on the front account page, one takes me to the electricity information and the other to the gas details. Following the find me the best deal route brings up Go Online for electricity but nothing other than the current standard option within the gas section when I follow the same process. I don't have gas in my area hence I am not familiar with what dual fuel customers would normally see?
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    Morning MrsWenger,

We're very well thank you, hope you are as well.

Thank you for the extra information and thank you Raxiel for the instructions

It sounds to me like the gas and electricity are on separate account numbers and aren't currently on a OneBill so it's showing them separately.

Do you log in with the same username for both?

The Go online tariff is only available for Dual Fuel or electricity accounts only, that's why it's not showing for the gas by itself.

We can fix it though, so don't worry. We need to get the accounts linked, it might be something you can do via the online account, here's how.

Select Update your details from the My account drop down menu on the account navigation at the top of the page.

Select add another account.
    Enter the account number you would like to link to your online account and then click Register.

It may be that you don't get the option of adding another account, this means we'll need to get it done for you.

I'll help you if you need me, so just ask

Thank you

Helena
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 14th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 312 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Morning Raxiel,

Sorry for the late reply Malc is on holiday this week, so I'm plodding on alone.

Good to see you've decided to change to the tariff.

You will have a new account, with a new account number and you'll need to register it online with a new username.

I don't think we can link it, but it might be something you can have a word with the sales team about. Or I can for you.

Thanks

Helena
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Thanks Helena,

I logged into my old account and asked the same question there via the help form, I realised it might be easer since they would have access to my account details. I've not had a response yet.

I found the historical information in the energy saving toolkit useful so I hope it can be retained (it would also be nice if the 'missing' monthly consumption figures could be filled in too, but I suspect that's wishful thinking).

Incidentally what's happening with E.on See, is it still invite only?
    Thanks Helena,

I logged into my old account and asked the same question there via the help form, I realised it might be easer since they would have access to my account details. I've not had a response yet.

I found the historical information in the energy saving toolkit useful so I hope it can be retained (it would also be nice if the 'missing' monthly consumption figures could be filled in too, but I suspect that's wishful thinking).

Incidentally what's happening with E.on See, is it still invite only?
    Hiya Raxiel,

Yes, your historical data will remain on your online account for 1 year after the account was closed.

The new account will start again from the new start date.

I do know some of the information isn't always perfect on the energy saving toolkit and I'd say to use it as a guide.

E.ON See is just invite at the moment, but I do actually work quite closely with the app guys so can update when I know more about this.

Thank you

Helena
    • nicobrum
    • By nicobrum 14th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    nicobrum
    Fingers crossed the new Go Online tariff works out cheaper for my parents in East Midlands region than the previous few. Been getting some grief about the fact that three out of the last four fixed tariffs have been cheaper for Midlands region than East Midlands. I appreciate the reasons why but parents seem to think its a conspiracy against them. They're currently on Saver v5 expiring in January so would be good if something came up sooner.
    Originally posted by nicobrum

Thank you EON, happy parents are saving about £70 per year moving from v5 to the new fixed tariff. Hopefully that'll keep them happy for a bit.
    Thank you EON, happy parents are saving about £70 per year moving from v5 to the new fixed tariff. Hopefully that'll keep them happy for a bit.
    Originally posted by nicobrum
    Lovely to see your parents are going to save some money nicobrum

Thank you for letting us know.

Helena
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,201Posts Today

7,255Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin