Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 12th Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Radiohead123
    Parking Fine at work - CPMS
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    Parking Fine at work - CPMS 12th Sep 17 at 1:08 PM
    Hi All

''I have read the NEWBIES thread but cannot find anything specific to my case...my case is different''.

I received a parking ticket last week for parking in the wrong space at work, my colleague text me to use space 16 and i read it as 10... stupid error by me and they are requesting £60 within 14 days or £100 after.

The ticket was put on my car by one of the people who works on the building reception(its shared building with a number of different companies), its frustrating as my car has my company name in the window and its a secure car park where you need a fob so i'm not just some random person trying to park in the city center of Manchester. Also they could of emailed my company reception or come up to the office and i would of moved the car.

I have spoken to the reception and they advised they can not cancel the ticket and i need to appeal but i feel that's going to take much longer and more hassle and also feel they were fobbing me off as they don't want to deal with it

I'm thinking of emailing the reception to request them to contact the company and ask for the ticket to be cancelled as it is them that have issued it and they are the landowner/client of this CPMS company.

Do you think this is a good route to go down to try and get this cancelled quickly?

Any advise on how you would word your email to the reception?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 12th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 3,844 Posts
    • 5,413 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    as principal they can tell their agents to cancel, don't send anything to anyone until your have read the newbies thread and posted anything you want to send here first.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 12th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 613 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    safarmuk
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    Landowner cancellations are always the best and easiest way to get a PCN cancelled. Normally you must be careful not to give too much information away though, such as who the driver was - although in this case it must be fairly obvious.

Have you also spoken to your company about this and have them pressure the building landlords into getting this resolved?

As above though, you can post anything you want here for review before you send it.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 12th Sep 17, 2:12 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 1,244 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:12 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:12 PM
    ALWAYS try and get in cancelled via the landowner, because it is quickest and easiest.

The points to make to the landowner/reception will be different to those made to the parking company if it gets to that stage. I would make points similar to the below:

(a) you were a lawful user, not a trespasser;
    (b) the car was clearly marked as a company vehicle and had been inadvertently parked in a bay with a similar number;
    (c) your company pays for parking as part of the tenancy;
    (d) the landowner could have contacted their tenant to ask for the vehicle to be moved, but elected not to do so, for unknown reason;
    (e) the landowner or an agent of the landowner in effect issued the ticket as a self-ticket site, therefore they should be responsible for rescinding it.
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 12th Sep 17, 2:13 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Radiohead123
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:13 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:13 PM
    Thanks for your advise.

I spoke to my company but as the car park is maintained by the building they advised me to speak to the reception.

I'm thinking of emailing the reception and just asking them to cancel the ticket as i had an allocated space that day it was just a genuine error that i was in the wrong one and they could of easily contacted me to come and move the car.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 12th Sep 17, 2:39 PM
    • 3,844 Posts
    • 5,413 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:39 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:39 PM
    before you speak to, or email any one post it on here first.
    say the wrong thing and it can make things difficult for you
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 14th Sep 17, 3:20 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Radiohead123
    • 14th Sep 17, 3:20 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 3:20 PM
    Hi All

Thanks for your help,

I sent a firm reply to the reception but they have advised they can not retract the ticket as this is company procedure and need to keep it fair across the board. I have been provided with the property managers email so will speak to them but don't hold out much hope.

The company are a member of IPC so next stage is to wait for the NtK to arrive and then complain online.

What are the chances of the me winning the appeal at this stage? It's a company car park with numbered spaces so this company will not know my name or who are allocated to the specific spaces. The ticket simply says 'Rogue' Parker...

Also i was parked on the upper level of parking and there are NO signs to warn of parking tickets on the upper level and none are visible on my way down and into the side of the building. The only visible sign is when i enter the car park with my car directly in front of where you enter but it is an electric gate so you cant stop to look at this so void in my opinion.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated whilst i wait for a reply from the property manager
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 18th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Radiohead123
    • 18th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 18th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    Hi All

I am reviewing my parking ticket so i know what process to follow when i receive the NtK, however i have just noticed on the ticket it states CPMS are a member of BPA however on the BPA website it does not state CPMS Manchester are a member.

They do appear on theipc.info/aos-members

cpmsmanchester.com

Does this benefit me as the ticket is not accurate?

Thanks
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 18th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 976 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 18th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    • 18th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    Not in anyway.
    They can be a square logo member of the BPA as well as a round. Logo member of the IPC.
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 18th Sep 17, 5:53 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Radiohead123
    Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Do i follow the BPA or IPC process? (From Newbies thread)

The ticket says they are BPA but online states IPC
    Last edited by Radiohead123; 18-09-2017 at 5:54 PM. Reason: Add newbies thread
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Sep 17, 6:03 PM
    • 15,548 Posts
    • 24,259 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They've been IPC AOS members since 02/04/15. It's AOS membership that's the important (and dangerous to motorists) one, and which entitles them to access Keeper details from the DVLA.

AOS membership is signified by a roundel encircling the respective ATA logo. An oblong enclosure signifies a corporate-type membership where they are likely to receive parking industry-related information and updates, and probably invites to the annual bun-fight/conference at £250 per head (parking not included!).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 18th Sep 17, 6:16 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 1,535 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    Hmmm....it would be interesting if the ticket did have the BPA roundel on it rather than one for the IPC. This would indicate that the reception staff's self-ticketing operation has been using out-of-date material.

Also, what was the exact name of the company stated on the ticket and on the car park signs? Car Park Management Services (CPMS) Limited was only incorporated in June 2014 - prior to that, the directors Paul and Lesley ran their business as an unincorporated partnership / sole trader under the alias of CPMS / CPMS Manchester.
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 18th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Radiohead123
    The ticket states Car Park Management Services and under the payment option says payment can be sent to

CPMS
    DEPT 142
    19 Lever Street
    Manchester
    M1 1AN

And has an email address of cpmsmanchester@btinternet.com

I'm confused because the ticket only states they are a member of BPA but they do not appear on the BPA website.

Image of the ticket here: change hccp to http hccps://ibb.co/frSNuQ

How do you think i should proceed?
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 18th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 1,535 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    https://ibb.co/frSNuQ

Excellent - BPA Roundel and the ticket even offers the opportunity to "appeal" to POPLA. Also no mention of the Limited company.

So it seems that the reception crew have been dishing hopelessly out-of-date tickets.

Reason for issue - "Rogue Parker"
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 18th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Radiohead123
    hcctps://ibb.co/frSNuQ

Excellent - BPA Roundel and the ticket even offers the opportunity to "appeal" to POPLA. Also no mention of the Limited company.

So it seems that the reception crew have been dishing hopelessly out-of-date tickets.

Reason for issue - "Rogue Parker"
    Originally posted by Edna Basher
    Does this mean the ticket is invalid, how should i proceed?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Sep 17, 7:17 PM
    • 15,548 Posts
    • 24,259 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Does this mean the ticket is invalid, how should i proceed?
    Not at this stage, but rattle enough cages and you could see this dropped like a hot brick.

https://ibb.co/frSNuQ

Yes indeedy, that's at least 2 years out of date. Send a complaint to David Dunford of the DVLA that CPMS are trying to extort money from you under false pretences by suggesting they are a member of a specific trade body when in fact they are not.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Trading Standards will also be interested in this too. They have the responsibility for dealing with this kind of offence. Read this almost identical recent case of a prosecution of a PPC. Write a serious complaint to TS and cross reference this prosecution.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/new-generation-parking-management-found.html

And to cause a bit more mischief send an email to the BPA to tip them off that CPMS are fraudulently using their AOS logo, despite not being a member for over 2 years.

Just noticed the alleged 'offence' - Rogue Parker. Very technical.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 18-09-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Radiohead123
    • By Radiohead123 18th Sep 17, 8:31 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Radiohead123
    Thanks so much for your help and advice.

I will email David Dunford, Trading Standards, and BPA but which of these has the power to cancel the Parking Ticket?

Is it worth complaining to CPMS and CC in David Dunford?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 15,548 Posts
    • 24,259 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I will email David Dunford, Trading Standards, and BPA but which of these has the power to cancel the Parking Ticket?
    None of them directly. But this isn't about instantly cancelling the charge, it's about putting the skids under CPMS to make them realise this is too hot to handle. Once the DVLA and TS start sniffing around, then you could be on your way to seeing CPMS drop the charge.

The alternative is appeal to CPMS (rejected), the IAS (rejected), LBC from Gladstones (they'll ignore any pleadings from you), court papers from MCOL, shed loads of work from you to develop a defence, directions questionnaire to deal with, witness statement, evidence, skeleton argument, court hearing date in 6 months time, appearance in court, face an adversarial lawyer, play Judge Bingo (50:50 whether you win or lose), risk of a CCJ if you lose and don't pay, with a probable trashing of your credit rating.

Your call.

Is it worth complaining to CPMS and CC in David Dunford?
    You could do, but it's much better they get a communication about this directly from DD and/or TS. I'm afraid the humble motorist is of little interest to them (unless they are sending them a cheque).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,977Posts Today

7,748Users online

Martin's Twitter