Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wroenaldinho
    • By wroenaldinho 12th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    • 96Posts
    • 5Thanks
    wroenaldinho
    Creation Everyday Credit Card
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    Creation Everyday Credit Card 12th Sep 17 at 12:56 PM
    Hi All

Been away a few times this year and before i left i applied for the creation everyday credit card. Its main use was to hire a car abroad and i used it for a few chip and pin purchases. Once i applied for the card i came across the monzo card. This was a complete game changer for me and this is the only card i ended up using in the end. The card was great and i was impressed with the app and ease of topping card up etc.

The problem for me with the creation card is the online ui isn't very good and there isn't an app to use alongside it.

Whilst the creation card seems a good travel card, and Creation gave me a credit limit of £5000 at 12.9% apr i'm wondering whether to cancel the card. I've had it 5 months now and i can't really see it benefiting me much more. Should i cancel the card or keep it? I have 2 other cards, one been the barclaycard cashback card and the other a nuba card. i also have the amex gold charge card.

Will it be better in the long term to free £5000 up and get rid of a card i probably won't use again.

Thanks
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 12th Sep 17, 1:58 PM
    • 2,794 Posts
    • 1,212 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:58 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:58 PM
    You could carry it as backup when traveling, and one day if there's a problem with Monzo you may be glad you have it.

Also the Monzo prepaid card will be phased out by the end of this year and we don't know how fee-free the current account card that replaces it will be.
    Last edited by eDicky; 12-09-2017 at 2:01 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

578Posts Today

6,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you agree with @TfL's decision not to reissue Uber's licence on grounds including falling to report serous crimes.

• RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Follow Martin