Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ruthiep18
    • By ruthiep18 12th Sep 17, 12:48 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ruthiep18
    Old Egg Account Numbers
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:48 PM
    Old Egg Account Numbers 12th Sep 17 at 12:48 PM
    Wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to find old egg account numbers for loans and credit cards I had back in early 2000's. My understanding is that I can't write to Egg (Canada banking) until I have the account details. Has anyone tried this and if so what steps did they take? Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 12th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 4,762 Thanks
    -taff
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    They either sent the complaint anyway or they sent a SAR and £10
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 12th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    i sent in a request to canada sq operations for Card and loan that I had around 1999/2000. They came back to me with the account numbers and that I had PPI. I then put a complaint in. Just had my 1st cheque back for the card. Just waiting to hear about the loan.
    • aphill24
    • By aphill24 13th Sep 17, 2:28 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    aphill24
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:28 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:28 AM
    Hi, I had a credit card with egg around 2002. How do I find out if I had ppi with them as I have never tried to reclaim for ppi on a credit card before. The only time I have ever tried to claim I was fobbed off because it was in 1990 and they had no records of the account.
    What is the best way to claim if i have little information. Do i use the resolver tool?
    • societys child
    • By societys child 13th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 4,540 Posts
    • 4,844 Thanks
    societys child
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    Hi, I had a credit card with egg around 2002. How do I find out if I had ppi with them as I have never tried to reclaim for ppi on a credit card before. The only time I have ever tried to claim I was fobbed off because it was in 1990 and they had no records of the account.
    What is the best way to claim if i have little information. Do i use the resolver tool?
    Originally posted by aphill24
    Resolver will make no difference, if they have no records. And if they have no records, they weren't fobbing you off . .

You could try gambling £10 on a SAR (subject access request)
    Last edited by societys child; 13-09-2017 at 10:54 AM.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 19,292 Posts
    • 9,397 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    Do i use the resolver tool?
    Resolver is just an E-Mail template and won't advance any complaint in which there are no records of the finance.
    You'll have to write to each individual lender and enquire if they have records of you having paid PPI.

If they no longer have records (and neither do you) any complaint is finished before it's begun.
    • Placida
    • By Placida 13th Sep 17, 11:45 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    Placida
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:45 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:45 AM

If your Egg credit card was closed before October 2011 or not transferred to Barclaycard, you will find an online PPI checker form here.

https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do

If your Egg Card was transferred to Barclaycard, try here

https://bank.barclays.co.uk/olb/authlogin/contactUsContainer.do#/ppiChecker?er=B
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,931Posts Today

5,733Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin