Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HannaH021
    • By HannaH021 12th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    HannaH021
    Gym membership at Wokingham UK?
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    Gym membership at Wokingham UK? 12th Sep 17 at 12:41 PM
    Hi All

I've recently moved to Wokingham, and I decided to venture and go to a gym !

The gym I want to go to is in Reading UK, but they told me the session I want is on Saturday but it is booked by Wokingham Council and the price with a membership is 1 pound, but it will be 4.40 pounds without a membership with Wokingham (that is, if I directly book with the gym).

So googling around, I failed to find a page to learn more about memberships in Wokingham and prices (because it may turn out that the membership is more expensive than simple pay as you go).
    A few times I found myself redirected to this site, and I don't know if it belongs to Wokingham council because it doesn't say: 1life co uk

My questions are:

(1) Where can I find out more information about Wokingham membership fees?
    (2) How do I register for a Wokingham membership? Do I just choose any gym in Wokingham and I will automatically get a Wokingham membership?
    (3) If I register on the above 1life website, will I be getting a Wokingham membership?

Sorry if these are some obvious gym related questions, first time things look more puzzling than they really are!

Thanks
    HannaH

Page 1
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 13th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    • 1,904 Posts
    • 6,383 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    I think Wokingham farm out their leisure services to 1life. You would need to read the T&Cs to see what membership covered as some gyms have pools and some don't so you must be sure of what you are getting.
    If you only want to do that one session then it is unlikley that it is worth buying the membership if you can PAYG - but if you might fancy a swim or some other activities it might tip the balance.
    If you are thinking about Loddon Valley then that falls under Wokingham council not Reading.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 21st Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 2,523 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 21st Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    • 21st Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    Have you considered Bracknell Leisure Centre? I used their gym for a while post-op and it seemed very well set up, there were lots of instructors there, a lovely pool and other facilities. I believe they either have or are planning a big upgrade.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,653Posts Today

6,277Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin