Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • me1234
    • By me1234 12th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 17Thanks
    me1234
    Advice required re reclaiming bank charges
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    Advice required re reclaiming bank charges 12th Sep 17 at 12:22 PM
    Hi I am just after some advice please regarding reclaiming bank charges from RBS

I graduated from university in 2006 and for a year or so, I was in severe financial hardship and hence I had a lot of bank charges (unpaid direct debits etc) charged to my account.

I am wondering whether it's possible to claim these charges back or is it too late? I would need to request a list of the transactions from them but should I bother as they are likely to say that it was over 6 years ago

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 12th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 4,537 Posts
    • 4,839 Thanks
    societys child
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    If you're in current financial hardship, the bank may look at ways to help, but don't have to refund any historic charges if they were correctly applied.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Sep 17, 11:36 PM
    • 19,280 Posts
    • 9,382 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:36 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:36 PM
    2006 and for a year or so, I was in severe financial hardship
    Originally posted by me1234
    The Banks won their court case about Bank charges in 2009. Since then, historical charges have not been refundable,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,783Posts Today

6,839Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin