Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • insertusername
    • By insertusername 12th Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    insertusername
    Indemnity Policies
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    Indemnity Policies 12th Sep 17 at 11:47 AM
    Hi, some advice if i can?

We are FTB and seem to very close to exchange but one thing that is confusing me is the indemnity policies we have been advised to get.

The searches showed that there was no build over agreement for the conservatory as it runs over a public sewer and they did not have a certificate for the windows. The vendors have kindly agreed to cover the policies needed which cost around £200 and my solicitor has now advised that they have referred the matter back to the lender.

i am getting myself worried that the lender will turn round and decide not to lend on the property and I will have lost all of the money I have paid so far. Am i right in thinking indemnities are quite common and I am perhaps worrying too much.

House buying is the most stressful thing ever...
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 12th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    • 41,070 Posts
    • 47,189 Thanks
    G_M
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    Yes, common.

Almost certainly the lender will be satisfied, but yes, there is always a small element of doubt.
    • insertusername
    • By insertusername 12th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    insertusername
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    Hopefully, I should know on Thursday and can hopefully exchange on Friday and can then put the worry behind me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

829Posts Today

5,664Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin