Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lara_Star
    • By Lara_Star 12th Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lara_Star
    Any way to pay someone without using your bank?
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    Any way to pay someone without using your bank? 12th Sep 17 at 11:19 AM
    Hi guys!

I just like to know/ask if there is a way to put money into someones account with a 3rd party, basically without going online to your own bank account or going into your own branch... If for example I cannot do online banking and cannot go into my own bank to pay someone then is there another way? such as using other 3rd part online sites? bit like moneygram but I want to pay someone in the UK as am from UK too, but like I said if you cannot do online banking nor going into your own bank account then is there another way or any websites? I have my bank card but I just cannot go online to my account nor can I go into the branch, so how can I put money into their bank account?

Am sure I heard there are websites that let you do that providing they take a fee, if so which sites are these?

thanks guys.
Page 1
    • benjus
    • By benjus 12th Sep 17, 11:28 AM
    • 4,968 Posts
    • 3,036 Thanks
    benjus
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:28 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:28 AM
    I've used Azimo quite a few times for overseas payment. It looks like I can make a payment to a UK recipient, but I haven't gone through the full payment process.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 12th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 3,018 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    Paypal, although the money will have to come from somewhere (i.e. your bank) and for any more than trivial sums you or the recipient will probably run into fraud checks pretty quickly.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 12th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    • 18,434 Posts
    • 14,147 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:42 AM
    Why can't you go online to your own account?
    • Lara_Star
    • By Lara_Star 12th Sep 17, 11:46 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lara_Star
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:46 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:46 AM
    Doesn't paypal take 2-4 days to clear funds? what if the reciepement needs the money the same day?

reason why I cannot go into the branch is because am on crutches and don't have transport, I recently broke my leg. I cant do online banking as I have not recieved my online bank account information yet nor a card reader, so am wondering if there is any way other that I can pay some money into someones account today.

Thanks!
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 12th Sep 17, 11:49 AM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 1,226 Thanks
    paragon909
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:49 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:49 AM
    Doesn't paypal take 2-4 days to clear funds? what if the reciepement needs the money the same day?

reason why I cannot go into the branch is because am on crutches and don't have transport, I recently broke my leg. I cant do online banking as I have not recieved my online bank account information yet nor a card reader, so am wondering if there is any way other that I can pay some money into someones account today.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Lara_Star
    Then there is no way. You need to wait.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 12th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 5,465 Posts
    • 5,270 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    Can you use phone banking with your existing bank or would that involve a lead time while stuff is sent out as well?
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 12th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    Do you have their Sort Code and Account No?

A cheque payable to them and ask a neighbour to pay in using a blank bank paying in slip.

Or a 1st Class stamp and post today.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 12th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    • 5,204 Posts
    • 4,369 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    Do you have their Sort Code and Account No?

A cheque payable to them and ask a neighbour to pay in using a blank bank paying in slip.

Or a 1st Class stamp and post today.
    Originally posted by Robin9
    ^^^ this.

write them a cheque and post it to them, like the whole world did for a couple of centuries until recently.
    A salary slave no more.....
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 12th Sep 17, 5:33 PM
    • 3,101 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Moneygram at Tesco branches almost instant.

Neteller card funded with Paysafecard available over the counter at supporting retailers. Then use the Neteller card to transfer money into the bank account. Getting the virtual Neteller card should be instant. Apply for Neteller online.

Western Union available over the counter at supporting retailers. Provide ID including photo ID.

There may be others. I've recommended those which I have personally found useful.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 12th Sep 17, 7:06 PM
    • 8,721 Posts
    • 7,386 Thanks
    colsten
    Moneygram at Tesco branches almost instant.

Neteller card funded with Paysafecard available over the counter at supporting retailers. Then use the Neteller card to transfer money into the bank account. Getting the virtual Neteller card should be instant. Apply for Neteller online.

Western Union available over the counter at supporting retailers. Provide ID including photo ID.

There may be others. I've recommended those which I have personally found useful.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    What makes you think that if the OP can't go to a bank branch because they are on crutches, they'd be able to go to Tesco or to retailers that offer Paysafecard or Western Union?
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 12th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    • 23,994 Posts
    • 11,303 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Some banks have a system to pay using your mobile.
    Similar to Apple pay in a way with similar limits.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 13th Sep 17, 1:53 AM
    • 2,794 Posts
    • 1,212 Thanks
    eDicky
    If you and the person you want to pay both open a Revolut account with the smartphone app, you can load yours by debit card and send it to theirs instantly. They can then send it to their bank account. No fees. If the other party cannot or don't want to open a Revolut account, you can send the amount from yours to their bank account, still no fees but not instant.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 15th Sep 17, 10:32 AM
    • 5,124 Posts
    • 4,339 Thanks
    badger09
    Some banks have a system to pay using your mobile.
    Similar to Apple pay in a way with similar limits.
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    True, but I'm not aware of any which allow you to use this system until after you have registered for internet banking
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 15th Sep 17, 10:44 PM
    • 3,773 Posts
    • 13,844 Thanks
    Westie983
    Phone banking till you get online, as long as you pass the security questions, also I understand you can't go into your bank but do you have someone to go into their bank and pay money in?

As others have suggested PayPal, via your bank, money is sent straight to the recipient, but takes a few days to be debited from your account.

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2017 #16 Total £21,355/£12,000 = 177.95%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10 #97 Total (£252) +£158/£500 = 82.00% ( x 10)
    Xmas 2017 £1 a Day #6 Total £330/£365 = 90.41%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £1,350/£1,800 = 75.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2017 #3 Total (£1,450)+£50/£2,000 = 75.00%

Total £24,945/£16,665 = 149.68%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • No_6
    • By No_6 16th Sep 17, 10:06 PM
    • 508 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    No_6
    Give them the cash.
    ie money that you can handle...coins, notes etc

wtf
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

286Posts Today

3,566Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin