Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alexthepenguin
    • By alexthepenguin 12th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    alexthepenguin
    flight cancellation - making alternative arrangement myself
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    flight cancellation - making alternative arrangement myself 12th Sep 17 at 11:14 AM
    If my flight is cancelled and the alternative flight the airline offered does not suit me (the alternative flight is in four days’ time whereas I need to fly ASAP), do I have the right to claim for compensation against the airline for the cost incurred in making my own alternative arrangement (in addition to the statutory EU compensation)?

Also, will I be able to make a claim on my travel insurance in addition to the EU compensation? I am not 100% sure if I could claim on both.
Page 1
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 12th Sep 17, 2:44 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:44 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:44 PM
    Please re-post on the relevant airlines thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,298Posts Today

8,946Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin