Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MikefromUK
    • By MikefromUK 12th Sep 17, 10:37 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MikefromUK
    Travel Insurance Claim
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:37 AM
    Travel Insurance Claim 12th Sep 17 at 10:37 AM
    I recently returned from holiday during which we needed emergency medical treatment. The insurance company told me to contact Travel Claims Services to register a claim, but when I try calling them, I get put on hold with music playing for over half an hour. I have tried at differnet times during the day over several days and it is always the same. I have tried emailing them but I just get a standard reply. I gave my details to the hospital at the time of treatment but now they have contacted me asking for payment because TCS refuse to speak with them even though I gave written authorisation for them to deal with the claim directly.
    What is the point of taking out travel insurance when its impossible to process a claim???
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Sep 17, 11:11 AM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:11 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:11 AM
    Whenever you are unhappy with an insurer your (no cost) route is to make a formal complaint in line with their complaints procedure.

Then if they ignore you or you are unhappy with their reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can then escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you.

If the FOS rules against you then you are left with the court route as your last resort - though that will involve you in some court costs that you can only get back if you win
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 12th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 2,657 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    You can complete a claim form on the TCS website.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,419Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin