Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ljmw
    • By ljmw 12th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ljmw
    PCM, Trace & Gladstones
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    PCM, Trace & Gladstones 12th Sep 17 at 10:31 AM
    Hi guys,

So I got two parking tickets in the space of a week for parking in a visitor bay down a residential road. There are a number of spaces clearly marked with large 'V' for Visitor, the rest are numbered which are assigned to the flats down that road.

Both myself, my brother and friends of mine have previously had parking tickets and follow up notices from PCM (Parking Control Management UK Ltd) for parking in these spaces, which have not been followed up and is why I have ignored both of these notices until now. Worth noting that I still have no inclination to give in and pay.

After a couple of letters from Trace Debt Recovery UK Ltd suggesting "final demand for outstanding payment", I yesterday received a very generic looking letter from Gladstones Solicitors insisting that I make payment within 14 days or their client may instruct them to take legal action in a County Court. Now whilst I am adamant I do not want to give in and pay, I am conscious that this is getting a little more serious. That being said, having read your 'newbies' thread, I feel a little less threatened!

Worth mentioning at this stage that my car is a private lease hire, and my lease company are aware of the tickets, but I am receiving correspondence directly from these companies now.

Timeline of events is as follows:
    10th May 2017 - 1st Parking Ticket Issued
    17th May 2017 - 2nd Parking Ticket Issued
    15th June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Via Lease Company (IRO 1st Ticket)
    23rd June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Via Lease Company (IRO 2nd Ticket)
    23rd June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Direct from PCM (IRO 1st Ticket)
    30th June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Direct from PCM (IRO 2nd Ticket)
    18th July 2017 - Demand for Outstanding Payment Received from Trace (IRO 1st Ticket)
    4th August 2017 - Demand for Outstanding Payment Received from Trace (IRO 2nd Ticket)
    7th August 2017 - Second Final Demand Letter Received from Trace (IRO 1st Ticket)
    25th August 2017 - Second Final Demand Letter Received from Trace (IRO 2nd Ticket)
    11th September 2017 - Letter Received from Gladstones Solicitors (IRO 1st Ticket)

(....I imagine that I may receive the same letter from Gladstones IRO the 2nd Ticket in the next week or so if the above pattern is to be followed.)

Basically, just after some advice on what my next move is. Should I appeal, or now that it is with Gladstones, should I just ignore and it will go away?
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 14,584 Posts
    • 22,939 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    Basically, just after some advice on what my next move is. Should I appeal, or now that it is with Gladstones, should I just ignore and it will go away?
    1. Too late to appeal.
    2. From your description it looks like a debt recovery letter - and can be ignored.
    3. It is very unlikely to go away. The likelihood is it will be followed up by a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones, which will need a robust response (and it still won't go away!) followed shortly thereafter by court papers which MUST NOT BE IGNORED! Come back if you get either.

Over the past 18 months PCM UK have become quite litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_Control_Management_UK.html

Both myself, my brother and friends of mine have previously had parking tickets and follow up notices from PCM (Parking Control Management UK Ltd) for parking in these spaces, which have not been followed up and is why I have ignored both of these notices until now.
    Have you ever wondered why organisations employ these parasite companies?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 5,969 Posts
    • 7,687 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    Nothing to fear about Gladstones, they are already known
    to be highly incompetent. The courts are fed up with Gladstones

Read this to see just how incompetent Gladstones are
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=GLADSTONES

Lot's of info to show how weak they are
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-09-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ljmw
    • By ljmw 12th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ljmw
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    So do you suggest I sit tight and just let you know if and when I receive a 'Letter Before Claim' or Court Papers? And in the event of either happening, our move would be to write a robust response?

Appreciate your help
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 5,969 Posts
    • 7,687 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    So do you suggest I sit tight and just let you know if and when I receive a 'Letter Before Claim' or Court Papers? And in the event of either happening, our move would be to write a robust response?

Appreciate your help
    Originally posted by ljmw
    Yes, and you will get help from the experts on here
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • ljmw
    • By ljmw 12th Sep 17, 11:05 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ljmw
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:05 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 11:05 AM
    Brilliant. Thanks very much.

I will keep you updated.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Sep 17, 12:01 PM
    • 14,584 Posts
    • 22,939 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:01 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:01 PM

Appreciate your help
    Originally posted by ljmw
    Was my advice not clear enough? Or perhaps you doubted it?

3. It is very unlikely to go away. The likelihood is it will be followed up by a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones, which will need a robust response (and it still won't go away!) followed shortly thereafter by court papers which MUST NOT BE IGNORED! Come back if you get either.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • ljmw
    • By ljmw 12th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ljmw
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    Was my advice not clear enough? Or perhaps you doubted it?
    No, I don't doubt it and it was clear. I just wanted to be absolutely certain that I understood it correctly.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    If you get a court claim you are not "writing a robust response"

At that point you do 2 things:
    1) Acknowledge the claim ONLINE , NOT starting the defence (myst be left completely blank) and only contesting jurisdiction if you live outside England and Wales
    2) Writing a defence.
    • Parkhelp111
    • By Parkhelp111 12th Sep 17, 2:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Parkhelp111
    Gladstones -
    I have also received a similar letter from gladstones, saying I have 14 days to pay £160 from a parking ticket I have continually ignored. My ticket was also issued from parking control management limited. I am unsure wether to just ignore the letter or write a reply?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Sep 17, 3:07 PM
    • 50,101 Posts
    • 63,484 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Gladstones -
    I have also received a similar letter from gladstones, saying I have 14 days to pay £160 from a parking ticket I have continually ignored. My ticket was also issued from parking control management limited. I am unsure wether to just ignore the letter or write a reply?
    Originally posted by Parkhelp111
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQS thread (my signature tells you where to click to get there).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,462Posts Today

6,917Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin