Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ilovepurple
    • By Ilovepurple 12th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 35Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Ilovepurple
    G24
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    G24 12th Sep 17 at 10:18 AM
    Hi there.

I posted a while ago regarding a parking charge with G24 that had been sent to my old address so i hadnt been recieving any letters from them. It was by chance that I popped to the old address for a parcel and was given a letter that had arrived from a debt collector (DRP). I was advised on here to notify G24 of my new address which I have. When I spoke to them they told me to appeal it using their appeal system. I appealed (it was rejected, surprise surprise) and was sent an email stating i could now appeal it with IAS. I followed the link but when i tried ro apleal I kept getting an error message. I called G24 again and the lady I spike to said I should appeal the charge again and request a non statutory appeal for IAS. I've received an email from G24 today saying my appeal had been rejected and that they will not be engaging with IAS. It seems like I'm being given the run around and I don't know what to do. In my appeal I have said that I would've been willing to pay the £25 original charge had I been aware of it but not now it's £110. They reckon they wrote to me at the old address before I moved but I didn't revive anything and I updated the DVLA as soon as I moved so I don't know if I believe them. Please help as I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Sep 17, 10:27 AM
    • 15,574 Posts
    • 24,324 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:27 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:27 AM
    Please help as I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.
    Please help you do what? You're at the debt collector stage, and how to deal with debt collectors is detailed in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 4, so please read that.

Did you pay £15 to do a 'non statutory' appeal to the IAS?

Do you have a copy of the letter you wrote to G24 notifying them of your change of address?

Please use the 'Return' key on your keyboard to insert paragraphs, because walls of text cause many regulars to by pass such posts and go to help others which are easier on the eyes.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    • 887 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    ZAlso if you were "advised" to tell them, that suggests you have an ongoing thread. Instead of starting a new one, can you not have updated your old one?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    DRP ARE TIMEWASTERS -- NO POWER -- IGNORE

The IAS is a scam set up to benefit its Scammer members only

Stop banging your head against the wall, if G24 want to take it
    further they will let you know, then come back here
    Just wait

Understand about G24
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=g24
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 51,582 Posts
    • 65,206 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    I called G24 again and the lady I spike to said I should appeal the charge again and request a non statutory appeal for IAS.
    Obviously NOT! NEVER! Calm down and complain to the retailer more loudly than you did before.
    • Ilovepurple
    • By Ilovepurple 13th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Ilovepurple
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    Thanks for your replies.

I wasn't able to find my previous thread as I think it's linked to my old log in details.

I have contacted Toys R Us (the retailer) and a very understanding lady has asked me to email her so she can contact G24 and ask that they waiver the charge so fingers crossed.

I will update the thread when I hear more.

Thanks
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 887 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    Did you check your username, which has all posts? Or do a search on your old usernames posts?
    • Ilovepurple
    • By Ilovepurple 19th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Ilovepurple
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    Just wanted to say thanks for your help. I've had an email from the landowner saying G24 have agreed to waiver the PCN. I then called G24 and was told I'll receive a letter in a fee says to confirm. So I will keep that in case I receive any nasty surprises from Debt Recovery.
    Thanks again.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    Just wanted to say thanks for your help. I've had an email from the landowner saying G24 have agreed to waiver the PCN. I then called G24 and was told I'll receive a letter in a fee says to confirm. So I will keep that in case I receive any nasty surprises from Debt Recovery.
    Thanks again.
    Originally posted by Ilovepurple
    Good ... what nasty surprise from DRP ????
    If you do, (left hand not knowing what right hand is doing)
    tell DRP to F .. OFF
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 19th Sep 17, 12:02 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    DRP can do absolutely nothing except send pathetic letters.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,191Posts Today

6,785Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin