Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 12th Sep 17, 5:09 AM
    • 1,222Posts
    • 17,090Thanks
    dumpling
    Old Style Daily Tuesday 12th September
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:09 AM
    Old Style Daily Tuesday 12th September 12th Sep 17 at 5:09 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
    September GC - £321.00/£550
Page 2
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 12th Sep 17, 2:44 PM
    • 15,243 Posts
    • 123,704 Thanks
    JackieO
    Coffee morning well attended and now awaiting the boys coming in from school. DGS Jack has a media poject to do this afternoon which involves filming so I guess I will be shunted into the dining room Quiz night tonight so no cooking for me it will be sauasag and chips night tonight which is always delicious as I rarely ever make chips at home . The wind is getting up and rain is forcast tonight,but at least I got my bit of washing dried

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 12th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • 5,764 Posts
    • 33,539 Thanks
    Gers
    Afternoon - yes, it's cold here now too.

I postponed my hair cut until next week - I was beginning to resemble a blue-a^sed fly this morning so did an opt out. First class was really good despite all my students being on Islay. I came away much relieved that (so far) none are are as difficult as the last lot.

Nurse visit was quick and fruitful too - another quick blast of the freezing stuff. The blob seems to be receding and the nurse took a photo of it for me.

DM has just sent me a text to say she's allowed home on Thursday. I'll go down tomorrow afternoon.

I think that my septic tank needs emptying, so glad that someone else will do it! My neighbour takes great delight in doing that sort of thing.

Now I've got some prep to do for class tomorrow. Happy evening.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 12th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    • 15,065 Posts
    • 61,257 Thanks
    Judi
    DM has just sent me a text to say she's allowed home on Thursday. I'll go down tomorrow afternoon.
    Good news!

I think that my septic tank needs emptying,
    Whats a septic tank? Never mind, i'll google it.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Judi
    • By Judi 12th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 15,065 Posts
    • 61,257 Thanks
    Judi
    EWWWW. Glad i aint got one.
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 12th Sep 17, 4:42 PM
    • 1,655 Posts
    • 12,858 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Whats a septic tank? Never mind, i'll google it.
    Originally posted by Judi
    I hope you didn't click google images!
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16
    • silver-oldie
    • By silver-oldie 12th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    silver-oldie
    redruby, thank you, I just try my best.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
    • elona
    • By elona 12th Sep 17, 7:02 PM
    • 11,143 Posts
    • 58,750 Thanks
    elona
    I felt a bit odd all yesterday as if I had a virus and kept waking up in the night so ended up sleeping in this morning which would not have been a problem but the trundle bed and mattress were delivered at ten this morning.

Just as the delivery men left the grocery delivery arrived so it was a busy morning. Home made soup is cooling so I can skim any fat off the top before it goes in the fridge for tomorrow.

Not sure if it was because I felt a bit off colour but have just treated myself to some online shopping (special prices) and a beautiful long sleeve and long length nightie and plush cover up ( smarter than a bed jacket).

I managed to get a load of laundry hung outside and have battened down the hatches as it looks like a storm is on the way tonight.

silver-oldie

I really admire how well you cope with DH's condition and keep him feeling content and useful.

Gers

Glad your Mum will be out of hospital soon and seems more like herself.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 12th Sep 17, 7:10 PM
    • 9,681 Posts
    • 104,454 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I am now doing the "emergency cover" looking after Daisy, as the carer who was supposed to have her is in hospital. And amazingly, I already know her! She used to be a client of the original dog-sitting company I was with, and she stayed with me on three occasions with them! Coincidence, or what??
    I think she remembers being here, too, as she settled in straight away, despite the fact that she's a highly-strung little thing.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 12th Sep 17, 9:36 PM
    • 15,065 Posts
    • 61,257 Thanks
    Judi
    I managed to get a load of laundry hung outside and have battened down the hatches as it looks like a storm is on the way tonight.
    Yes its pretty bad here too. Its been fine all day but come tea time the wind and rain started.

I hope you didn't click google images!
    Speky As if!

Sleep well all, i think i am going to regret drinking my last cup of coffee. Oh well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,713Posts Today

6,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin