Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chuk
    • By Chuk 11th Sep 17, 11:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chuk
    Car Colour Mistake
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:03 PM
    Car Colour Mistake 11th Sep 17 at 11:03 PM
    Hello,

I will be grateful, if you could give me some advice about a Penalty Charge Notice issued to me. I mistakenly scratched and used a Wood green Visitors Permit in a Bruce Grove parking bay area(both in Haringey). I have appealed it to no avail, highlighting the human error element. I was about to pay when I noticed my car was described as black instead of Grey on the PCN.

That is an error on the part of the issuing officer....what's good for the goose, should be equally good for the gander...

Do I stand a chance contesting the PCN, based on their error as well?

Thanking you,

Chuk'
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Sep 17, 11:11 PM
    • 15,559 Posts
    • 24,283 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:11 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:11 PM
    Please confirm whether a Private Parking Company (PPC) or (more seemingly) council ticket?

Different ways of dealing with this - depending on your confirmation.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 11th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    • 2,145 Posts
    • 6,200 Thanks
    bargepole
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    This is clearly a Council ticket.

But it doesn't really matter which it is, getting the colour wrong makes no difference to the validity (or otherwise) of the PCN.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 29. Lost 9.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 11th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    • 7,788 Posts
    • 7,884 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    Sorry but wrong colour isn't fatal to a legit ticket.

However it might be a sign that the patroller has been inattentive about some more critical aspect of issuing a ticket, so a trip to Pepipoo might well be in order.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,099Posts Today

8,635Users online

Martin's Twitter