Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • billymack
    • By billymack 11th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    billymack
    ovo energy not giving back credit on account
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    ovo energy not giving back credit on account 11th Sep 17 at 9:57 PM
    hi there folks, my first post to the forum.

I had a look for some similar threads to my problem (as I did not have to start a new thread if there was one already here) but alas I could not see any recent ones so here we are with a new thread.

I just wanted advice on what to do about my previous energy supplier (ovo energy) and the fact that I started the energy switching process 15 weeks ago but have still not been given back the credit that Is on my account.

I have asked them politely but repeatedly as to what is happening and I am just told that they will chase up my request "and that it should not take much longer", and they'll be in touch

the problem is that it IS taking longer, much longer...is there any way that I can say to them I am going to get in contact with the industry watchdog (if one exists) about their time taken to finalise my account? (in an attempt to speed up the process and I've been waiting over a quarter of a year for cash that I could really be doing with just now)

Kind regards, and thanks for reading, Billy
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 11th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    • 27,017 Posts
    • 13,136 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    Welcome to the forum.

Submit a formal complaint in writing and then go to the Ombudsman
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 11th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    • 1,847 Posts
    • 1,202 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    Is your OVO account still live?

When I was with OVO there was a facility in the online account to transfer surpluses out to my bank account.

Have you tried to do this ?

When i did swop away I had the credit balance within two weeks.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

648Posts Today

5,077Users online

Martin's Twitter