Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • McrRed
    • By McrRed 11th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 14Thanks
    McrRed
    2 PCNs - 2 separate threads?
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    2 PCNs - 2 separate threads? 11th Sep 17 at 9:07 PM
    I hope this is in the right place.
    We received two postal NtKs last Thursday 7th September. Both out of the blue and both without screen tickets.

One is from excel. Contravention date: 2/7/17 - issue date 31/8/17
    One is from Civil Enforcement (hospital). Contravention date 11/8/17 - issue date 4/9/17

Both are beyond the 15 days for screen-only notices. Is there any point opening two separate threads or can both be appealed on a technical basis?

Many thanks for all your help.

***Disclaimer I have read the newbie threads and stickies - any mistakes are entirely through my own stupidity***
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 32,780 Posts
    • 16,803 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    If you need further advice from that in the newbies FAQ thread then each ticket requires its own thread otherwise it would be confusing

The FAQ thread advises on how to appeal and what wording to use in initial appeals
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 14,537 Posts
    • 22,876 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    2 different companies who will deal with their PCNs quite differently and advice will be quite different for each. Excel is an IPC AOS operator, CEL a BPA equivalent. Different appeal tactics for each.

Both are beyond the 15 days for screen-only notices.
    Screen only notices have 56 days, ANPR (postal only) notices have 15 days.

Have a good read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky to get an understanding first of all, then open a new thread for each, let this one drift away down the forum by not responding further to it.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,671Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin