Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • levdon01
    • By levdon01 11th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    levdon01
    Indigo PCN - Parking in season ticket holder car park
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    Indigo PCN - Parking in season ticket holder car park 11th Sep 17 at 9:00 PM
    Good evening all,

I wondered if I could ask if my ticket is contestable as I was given a PCN by Indigo for parking in a season ticket holder train car park. I was not aware of this at the time but after receiving the PCN I could see that there is an overhead sign that you drive under to enter the car park that states that only season ticket holders can park their before 9:30am. I parked there around 6:50am. I still paid for all day parking but still received the ticket based on the grounds that I should not have been in there before 9:30am.

I thought it unreasonable to expect people to read an overhead sign whilst driving and paying due care and attention to the road. There should have been a warning sign where I used the pay meter but I do not believe that there was any further notices.

Please can someone advise on what position I should take with this PCN.

Thank you
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread here

Go there now to get an understanding of the game you are caught up in and how to deal with it right from the start to the end - which is court action if they decide to take that
    • levdon01
    • By levdon01 11th Sep 17, 9:29 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    levdon01
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:29 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:29 PM
    thank you for your reply. I read some of the newbie threat but all mentioned different circumstances to mine. Hence why i started a new thread. I know how to contest the ticket but i am asking if people think i am liable based on the fact that i do not consider it reasonable for them to expect me to stop on a road whilst i read overhead signs
    Last edited by levdon01; 11-09-2017 at 9:36 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    In the beginning of the FAQ it tackles this!

"Forget the detail. These cases are all the same"

Devote more time to reading all the thread to get a full understanding
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 12th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    • 10,200 Posts
    • 9,342 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    Any successful appeal in your case will probably be based on the signage, so you will need photographs and site plan.

The car park may also becovered by bylaws which throws in another dimension to your case

Please search INDIGO in this forum to see how others are getting on with similar situations.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 823 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    as this is a station, its covered almost certainly by byelaws and even MORE SO than usual it is imperative that you DO NOT SAY WHO DROVE
    Call them "the driver"
    Edit your posts NOW.

The detail that doesnt matter is the signs, because thats alreayd covered in the newbie thread. There is ALWAYS a point about unclear signage!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

315Posts Today

1,714Users online

Martin's Twitter