Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wellgood
    • By Wellgood 11th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 66Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Wellgood
    Tell me why I should stay on Nationwide BMR?
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    Tell me why I should stay on Nationwide BMR? 11th Sep 17 at 8:11 PM
    Historically the nationwide BMR was seen as a good deal as it was guaranteed at BOE rate +2% for life. So at the moment am paying 2.25%. Personally I think rates will stay low for at least another 2-3 years. However I can switch to a lower rate of 1.59% variable. I am tempted to move but not sure if I am sacrificing a overall good product for short term profit? Any thoughts much appreciated
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 11th Sep 17, 11:06 PM
    • 29,793 Posts
    • 17,816 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:06 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:06 PM
    need far more information to have a stab at what might be a sensible choice for you.

Don't forget your BMR is not just about the rate it comes with features no longer avaialble if you switch.
    • 70sthrowback
    • By 70sthrowback 12th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    70sthrowback
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    I went through the same decision making process a couple of months ago and ultimately it came down to the benefits rather than the cost per month.

In the end I decided to stay on the BMR and my other products on a 2 year tracker. I would have saved more money moving all to this tracker rate. However the thing that swung it for me was the ability to make over payments and get it back and the payment holiday option in case the worst thing happens.

in 2 years I will reassess again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,823Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin