Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TonyM19
    • By TonyM19 11th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 11Thanks
    TonyM19
    Car PCP coming to an end
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    Car PCP coming to an end 11th Sep 17 at 8:01 PM
    Hi

The end of my 3 year PCP is in sight. I have a Hyundai fom a Hyundai dealer. I think I understand all the options avialable to me and I will almost certainly move to another PCP deal. My question is do I have to go back to Hyundai? Could I go to, say, Ford and ask them to work out a price on the Hyundai to move into a deal for a Ford? Is it just the same as normal HP where they work out a settlement figure and then work out how much there is in the car to put towards the next car?

I have no problems at all with my Hyundai btw, just checking if this is an option.

Cheers
Page 1
    • aphill24
    • By aphill24 12th Sep 17, 1:05 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    aphill24
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:05 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 1:05 AM
    Hi, Yes you can go to a different main dealer but make sure you are getting a figure for your trade in that will cover what is owing on finance. If you are coming to the end of the deal the balloon figure will need to be covered for the main dealer to pay your settlement figure. They might try and put any negative equity (if this is the case) onto the new car finance agreement so you need to be sure to go over the figures very carefully.
    You might be better off keeping the car until the pcp runs it course and hand it back to the dealer you bought it from as long as it hasn't gone over the mileage stated on the contract and it has been kept in good condition.
    I'm not a great fan of pcp myself just saying, I prefer to buy a nearly new car with a loan and keep it for a few years after I finish paying for it. That way I am free of finance for a few years and can save soe money for when I need to change again.
    Current car has 132k and still drives like new.
    • Lucky Duck
    • By Lucky Duck 12th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Lucky Duck
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    How can there by negative equity at the end if a pcp arrangement?

If the car is worth less than the GFV then hand it back, otherwise trade it in.
    • aphill24
    • By aphill24 12th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    aphill24
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    The original post states the end is in sight so technically there could be negative equity. I agree that going full term is the best Idea and he can take it to a different manufacturer as the op asks.
    Hope this clears up the post,

Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,279Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin