Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sherwb
    • By sherwb 11th Sep 17, 7:19 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sherwb
    Letter Before County Court Claim
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:19 PM
    Letter Before County Court Claim 11th Sep 17 at 7:19 PM
    I've been fighting Parking Eye for a few months now since overstaying at a service station by about 30 mins (past the 2 hour period). The threads on this forum have been super informative and helpful for understanding the appeal process, however I've not had much luck. I'm now at the stage of receiving a 'Letter Before County Court Claim', and I'm a bit stuck at what to do. I have followed the advice of the threads and not revealed the identity of the driver.

The letter I've received reads:

"Dear Sir / Madam, 07 September 2017

LETTER BEFORE COUNTY COURT CLAIM

We write regarding the above referenced Parking Charge Notice*, which concerned a breach of the terms and conditions on the 22 May 2017 at Welcome Break Gordano-Bristol. Please note that this charge was levied for breach of contract.

We are aware that your appeal to POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals) has been unsuccessful. You have been advised that the amount payable is £100.00 and you were provided with a period of 28 days from the decision date to make this payment. We have not received this payment.

We must now inform you that unless full payment is made within the next 14 days, further action will be taken and court proceedings will be issued, which will incur further costs. These costs will include, but are not limited to, £50.00 solicitor's costs and £25.00 court claim issue fee. ParkingEye would further draw your attention to the recent Supreme Court decision detailed at paragraph 5 overleaf. The appeal concerned the value of ParkingEye's Parking Charges and the judgement, granted in ParkingEye's favour, delivers a binding precedent in respect of the sum sought as the Supreme Court found that the Parking Charge was set at the reasonable amount. If you wish to contact ParkingEye, you must do so within 14 days of the date of this Letter Before Claim.
    Yours faithfully,
    Parking Eye Legal Department
    "

If anyone has any information, insight or advice, I would really appreciate it.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Sep 17, 7:34 PM
    • 15,486 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:34 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:34 PM
    post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread has advice about an LBC , plus if an MCOL comes in the post it helps with that too

you need to write back and rebut and refute the LBC , otherwise an MCOL will arrive (which may well happen anyway)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,563Posts Today

9,377Users online

Martin's Twitter