Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Babiesmummy
    • By Babiesmummy 11th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 901Posts
    • 983Thanks
    Babiesmummy
    Won & Paid no Comms from seller
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    Won & Paid no Comms from seller 11th Sep 17 at 6:46 PM
    I won an auction on Thursday for a dining table & chairs for £360 (starting bids £350) BIN £1000, collection only. I sent a message via ebay after winning asking if they preferred cash on collection or paypal & can he make contact to make collection arrangements as we live over an hour away. I waited 24hrs & had no response so paid via paypal (didnt want a non payment case opening) & sent a message via paypal asking seller to contact me again. Left it all weekend, still no response. I requested contact details from Ebay & left a voicemail this morning asking the seller to contact me again & still nothing. This is the 2nd time the table & chairs have been listed & my gut tells me they dont want to part with the item at £360 as this is alot lower than their BIN.

So where do i go from here ? How much longer do i wait to try & get my money back ? Do i open up a dispute for item not received in paypal or ebay ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tia

Kelly
    Born and bred in Manchester (proud of it)
    Now living on the other side of the Pennines
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Sep 17, 7:28 PM
    • 11,250 Posts
    • 7,532 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:28 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:28 PM
    It sounds like your instinct is correct and they don't want to part with it.

Open an INR on eBay (not Paypal).

You used to be able to report a seller as a non performing seller but I'm not sure you can do that now......

Do not accept a cancellation if one comes through.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 11th Sep 17, 8:12 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:12 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:12 PM
    If they don't want to sell at such a low price, why list them at that price? Very odd. As the previous post suggests, open an INR.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    • 11,250 Posts
    • 7,532 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    Why list?

Low price = more interest/less fees/bidding frenzy. Who knows.
    • Babiesmummy
    • By Babiesmummy 11th Sep 17, 9:29 PM
    • 901 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    Babiesmummy
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:29 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:29 PM
    It looks like i cant do anything until 15th, I will keep you posted.

Thanks everyone
    • Babiesmummy
    • By Babiesmummy 11th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 901 Posts
    • 983 Thanks
    Babiesmummy
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    Update.....
    Just had this email from the seller, which is aload of crap asit is the 2nd time it was listed at that price.
    Hi Kelly

Sorry i have not been in contact..... I was called away unexpectedly abroad on business last week.

I am very sorry about this but here appears to ave been a mistake. I asked my mother to put the table on ebay as i am moving house and the table is at theirs for storage.

Unfortunately my mother neglected to put the reserve price of £800 on the advert / post. This is 50% of the value that i paid for it. It is like new.

I am sorry but i am going to have to cancel the order. I will be relisting it later this week with a reserve price. If you would like to buy it still I can do it for £750...

regards
    James

Just also had paypal notification of refund & email from ebay that the order was cancelled as the item was out of stock or damaged.

Not happy but notbing i can do :-(
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 12th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 15,341 Posts
    • 20,904 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Update.....
    Just had this email from the seller, which is aload of crap asit is the 2nd time it was listed at that price.
    Hi Kelly

Sorry i have not been in contact..... I was called away unexpectedly abroad on business last week.

I am very sorry about this but here appears to ave been a mistake. I asked my mother to put the table on ebay as i am moving house and the table is at theirs for storage.

Unfortunately my mother neglected to put the reserve price of £800 on the advert / post. This is 50% of the value that i paid for it. It is like new.

I am sorry but i am going to have to cancel the order. I will be relisting it later this week with a reserve price. If you would like to buy it still I can do it for £750...

regards
    James

Just also had paypal notification of refund & email from ebay that the order was cancelled as the item was out of stock or damaged.

Not happy but notbing i can do :-(
    Originally posted by Babiesmummy
    Not a lot you can do, but make sure you REFUSE the cancellation so they still end up with fees (if it lets you), and leave a factual negative feedback making it clear they refused to let you collect item.

I would be phoning eBay over this to try and make sure this seller gets a strike for non performance.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

722Posts Today

6,140Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin