Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DaisyJayne
    • By DaisyJayne 11th Sep 17, 6:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    DaisyJayne
    Shield security/ Gladstone solicitors
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:34 PM
    Shield security/ Gladstone solicitors 11th Sep 17 at 6:34 PM
    Hi
    I am looking for advice about a parking ticket I received from my place of work.
    I working a district general hospital in my area and at the end of last year/beginning of this year they decided to start charging staff £40 a month to park at work. I personally couldn't afford this on my wage & had no where else to park safely.
    The entire staff force battled to have this reduced for months with no luck, so hospital employed shield security to staff enforcing ticket to those without a permit, with a fine of £60.
    I of course got a ticket, which I ignored & I have had a few threatening letters, which I continued to ignore. Two weeks ago I received a letter (I have only just opened it as I have been on holiday) from Gladstone solicitors threatening me with court if I don't pay up or contact them within 14days. I missed the deadline of course. The fine has now risen to £149 ...
    Now I was under the impression that the hospital could not claim for something they haven't lost e.g the £8 it costs to park for the day. So if I was taken to court, would I have a viable argument for that, or is it just rubbish? I would gladly pay the £8. Would my employer be able to cancel this or is it now out of their hands .
    If I went to court, it would be nice to know if I had a leg to stand on.
    All advice welcome
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

You need to read through and understand that thread then come back if you have unanswered questions

Of course complain to your employer!!
    • DaisyJayne
    • By DaisyJayne 11th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DaisyJayne
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    Thanks I have just seen that thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

582Posts Today

4,735Users online

Martin's Twitter