Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sandrahelen58
    • By sandrahelen58 11th Sep 17, 4:54 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sandrahelen58
    British Credit Trust & FSCS
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:54 PM
    British Credit Trust & FSCS 11th Sep 17 at 4:54 PM
    I bought a vehicle in 2006 through British Credit Trust and to get the finance I had to take PPI. PPI was through Cardif Pinacle who I have contacted and they have written advising that as BCT is no longer trading I have to go to FSCS.

FSCS have now advised they are not dealing with any claims for BCT so now I'm stuck as Cardiff Pinacle won't process my claim even though I have their policy document.

Any ideas on how to resolve please?
Page 1
    • Nearlyold
    • By Nearlyold 11th Sep 17, 5:29 PM
    • 972 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    Nearlyold
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:29 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:29 PM
    Who arranged the finance and PPI, was it a car dealer? - If it was you complain to them.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 89,513 Posts
    • 55,946 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    Liability for the sale is the issue.

In most cases, the car dealer carries the liability. They sold the finance and PPI so they are liable for the complaint. Not British Credit Trust. So, this is probably why the FSCS cannot help you.

What has the car dealer replied when you sent your complaint to them?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • sandrahelen58
    • By sandrahelen58 12th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sandrahelen58
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    Hi

The finance and PPI were done through British Credit Trust who are no longer trading. The paperwork for the loan and PPI were done with BCT via a car dealership.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Sep 17, 2:31 PM
    • 89,513 Posts
    • 55,946 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:31 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:31 PM
    Hi

The finance and PPI were done through British Credit Trust who are no longer trading. The paperwork for the loan and PPI were done with BCT via a car dealership.
    Originally posted by sandrahelen58
    In which case you complain to the car dealer.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 12th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 7,096 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    -taff
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    BCT didn't sell you the PPI, the car dealership did.

Complain to the car dealer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

2,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin