Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rachael1312
    • By Rachael1312 11th Sep 17, 3:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rachael1312
    Ex won't communicate in house sale
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:41 PM
    Ex won't communicate in house sale 11th Sep 17 at 3:41 PM
    Please can someone help!
    I bought a house stupidly at 19 with a now ex boyfriend.
    We broke up after a few years and he moved home to Australia. I now need to sell the house however he won't communicate at all. Has blocked my email address, all social media and won't respond to others messages.
    I can't get a court order to force the sale if he isn't contactable. I'm literally stuck at a dead end
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 11th Sep 17, 3:45 PM
    • 5,787 Posts
    • 5,536 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:45 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:45 PM
    I can't get a court order to force the sale if he isn't contactable.
    Originally posted by Rachael1312
    Who told you that? You can serve papers on him if you have an address - and if you don't, then there are ways around it (advertisements etc). He doesn't need to respond.
    • david1951
    • By david1951 11th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 410 Thanks
    david1951
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    As above, my understanding is that you have to jump through a few hoops but you can eventually get a court order to force a sale. This will involve retaining a solicitor, and a fair bit of money, but it is possible.

Ask a few local solicitors for a quote.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,419Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin