Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • confused,moi?
    • By confused,moi? 11th Sep 17, 3:21 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    confused,moi?
    Ovo standing charges
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:21 PM
    Ovo standing charges 11th Sep 17 at 3:21 PM
    Ovo's current 2 year fixed rate units (gas @ 2.66 pence per KWh and electricity @ 11.96 pence per KWh) may look good on paper but the standing charges for gas and electricity are 28.77 pence per day which I calculate to be £105 per annum. So dual fuel would cost £210 over one year. By comparison, British Gas dual fuel would charge £188 and Co-op Energy dual fuel would be £150.00. Just an observation as I mind-numblingly trawl through such data......
    Last edited by confused,moi?; 11-09-2017 at 3:26 PM.
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 11th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 27,007 Posts
    • 13,128 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    The level of the daily standing charge is a big factor now in the choice of a supplier.

All that matter is the total price for the gas/electricity consumed. Ovo's high standing charge but lowish unit(kWh) price makes it suitable for those with high consumption, but unsuitable for those with low consumption.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Sep 17, 3:51 PM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:51 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:51 PM
    ...Just an observation as I mind-numblingly trawl through such data......
    Originally posted by confused,moi?
    Why are you mind-numblingly trawling through such data when comparsion sites exist to make things nice and simple for you???
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

516Posts Today

5,097Users online

Martin's Twitter