Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fox warrior
    • By fox warrior 11th Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    • 73Posts
    • 18Thanks
    fox warrior
    Sky VIP
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    Sky VIP 11th Sep 17 at 3:04 PM
    I'm looking at this Sky VIP thing. Does anyone already have it? Is it any use? Can you get Sky Go EXTRA for free? (It's normaly £5). Are there any hidden charges/costs? I've viewed what is shows online but it's a bit vague to me.
    Thanks for reading. Live long & prosper
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Sep 17, 3:50 PM
    • 30,293 Posts
    • 19,164 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:50 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:50 PM
    Its free to join so why not join and ask Sky if you can get Sky Go for free, what you got to lose ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    Try http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5689313
    • fox warrior
    • By fox warrior 11th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    fox warrior
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    Its free to join so why not join and ask Sky if you can get Sky Go for free, what you got to lose ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    I rang Sky before I posted this but I was talking to someone far, far away if you know what I meen. He didn't explain it very well so I thought to post here to see if anyone had got it already and could shed some light.
    • fox warrior
    • By fox warrior 11th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    fox warrior
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    Colin_Maybe, thanks for the link. I'll start following that one as well. I have Sky Go which I use when I'm away from home so I am only interested in the Sky Go Extra bit if it's free to VIP customers. Not sure I'm interested in any other part of it. I can see that it's caused some problems to people ordering stuff that should be free and then getting charged for it.
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 11th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 2,407 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    I rang Sky before I posted this but I was talking to someone far, far away if you know what I meen. He didn't explain it very well so I thought to post here to see if anyone had got it already and could shed some light.
    Originally posted by fox warrior
    the VIP rewards you get depends on the level of vip you are (based on how long you've been a sky customer for). As such until you register for it you won't know. For example, I as a silver member when registered was eligible for a free buy and keep purchase from the sky store, however my parents who have been customers for a long time (10+ years) have got the free purchase, free skygo, and also eligible for free installation on the sky q amongst other offers.
    MFW # 105

2015 Target £7000/ Overpaid £8095
    2016 Target £6000 / Overpaid £6983.24
    2017 Target £3500 / £3367.86 so far as at November
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    Colin_Maybe, thanks for the link. I'll start following that one as well. I have Sky Go which I use when I'm away from home so I am only interested in the Sky Go Extra bit if it's free to VIP customers. Not sure I'm interested in any other part of it. I can see that it's caused some problems to people ordering stuff that should be free and then getting charged for it.
    Originally posted by fox warrior
    You won't be charged if you pay attention which is where some folk have slipped up, you have to select the film via a browser (not the Sky box) when signed in. If the price shows as zero then you're good to go.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,521Posts Today

9,391Users online

Martin's Twitter