Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blueincubus
    • By blueincubus 11th Sep 17, 2:58 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 8Thanks
    blueincubus
    Toto Energy
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:58 PM
    Toto Energy 11th Sep 17 at 2:58 PM
    Hi, I'm currently on a cheap AVRO Energy tarrif due to expire 20th October. I'm attempting to arrange my next tarrif so that it starts on 21st October.

I've done a comparison and the Toto Energy tarriff 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' comes out cheapest - just with a couple of querks. Firstly when I go to the Toto website and start the process based on usage etc. the only tarrifs shown in the results are different to those on th price comparison site, and quite a bit more expensive - a text search on the page, shows that I need to call them up directly to the 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' tarrif and can't switch using the Toto website. Has anyone seen this before - can there by any possible justification for this other than trying to con people onto a more expensive tarrif having been referring by a PCW?

Second query - my understanding is that it's fairly standard practice to arrange switches in advance, to start at the end of a current fixed term deal. Toto said they couldn't do this, they could either start me in 3 weeks or I'd need to leave it? Is this strange, are Toto not worth the effort?

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 11th Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    • 27,022 Posts
    • 13,142 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    Second query - my understanding is that it's fairly standard practice to arrange switches in advance, to start at the end of a current fixed term deal. Toto said they couldn't do this, they could either start me in 3 weeks or I'd need to leave it? Is this strange, are Toto not worth the effort?

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.
    Originally posted by blueincubus
    Fairly standard?? I have never heard of this.

There are other factors like the 'losing' company being involved or a dispute over meter readings. You need to start the process of switching and guess how long it will take.
    • blueincubus
    • By blueincubus 11th Sep 17, 3:46 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    blueincubus
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:46 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:46 PM
    Fairly standard?? I have never heard of this.

There are other factors like the 'losing' company being involved or a dispute over meter readings. You need to start the process of switching and guess how long it will take.
    Originally posted by Cardew
    OK fair enough if it's not standard that's not a problem, I expect I just imagined that it was possible to do it that way, it's been a while since I switched without a homemove. I guess I'll schedule it by my end date for AVRO minus 17 days switch time.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Sep 17, 3:48 PM
    • 3,825 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:48 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:48 PM
    I've done a comparison and the Toto Energy tarriff 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' comes out cheapest - just with a couple of querks. Firstly when I go to the Toto website and start the process based on usage etc. the only tarrifs shown in the results are different to those on th price comparison site, and quite a bit more expensive - a text search on the page, shows that I need to call them up directly to the 'TOTO Smart Meter Saver' tarrif and can't switch using the Toto website. Has anyone seen this before - can there by any possible justification for this other than trying to con people onto a more expensive tarrif having been referring by a PCW?....
    Perhaps there is a clue in the tariff name?

'TOTO Smart Meter Saver'

Presumably you need a TOTO Smart Meter to obtain that tariff
    Call them and they will arrange it ... free of charge I understand
    • blueincubus
    • By blueincubus 11th Sep 17, 4:00 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    blueincubus
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:00 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:00 PM
    Perhaps there is a clue in the tariff name?

'TOTO Smart Meter Saver'

Presumably you need a TOTO Smart Meter to obtain that tariff
    Call them and they will arrange it ... free of charge I understand
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Nope - the other tarrifs shown are smart mater tarrifs, just more expensive.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Sep 17, 4:08 PM
    • 3,825 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:08 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:08 PM
    Nope - the other tarrifs shown are smart mater tarrifs, just more expensive.
    Sorry, you may have misunderstood me.

When I look at their website is asks me to "Choose the tariff and meter that suits you"

If you are not currently with Toto, then you do not have a Toto smart meter.

Either select that you have an old fashioned meter, or contact them to arrange a smart meter.
    • Pet50
    • By Pet50 18th Sep 17, 4:07 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Pet50
    • 18th Sep 17, 4:07 PM
    Toto
    • 18th Sep 17, 4:07 PM
    Toto don't come up on your cheap energy club and yet they cam eup the cheapest on another comparison site. Would you recommend them, Martin?
    • S0litaire
    • By S0litaire 25th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    • 3,351 Posts
    • 2,116 Thanks
    S0litaire
    • 25th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    • 25th Sep 17, 4:19 PM
    Toto don't come up on your cheap energy club and yet they cam eup the cheapest on another comparison site. Would you recommend them, Martin?
    Originally posted by Pet50
    Been with ToTo for 6 months,
    Still the cheapest for Pay-As-You-Go. as far as i can tell with zero standing charges.

Great for costs but not so great with support. Takes ages to get a email reply (7 days for a reply at one point!). Phone is a bit hit-and-miss busy noisy call centre can be hard to make out (but that was 5-6 months ago might have better outcome now.)
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,657Users online

Martin's Twitter