Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PollySouthend
    • By PollySouthend 11th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 379Posts
    • 841Thanks
    PollySouthend
    0 WOW
    Buying a possible grey import camera and lenses (4.5k Vs 6k)
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Buying a possible grey import camera and lenses (4.5k Vs 6k) 11th Sep 17 at 2:27 PM
    Hello,

I need new a semi pro camera and lenses. It is almost 6k for this from John Lewis. However several online shops sell it for about 25% less. I'm assuming it is a grey import, but they do seam to say it has a 3 year guarantee.

Surely it must be a grey import at that price? But if that is true why do they state it's got a 3 year UK guarantee?

Obviously with such an expensive purchase it needs a warrantee.

It's a canon 5d mark IV

Any advice would be great
Page 1
    • skid112
    • By skid112 13th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    skid112
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    I would assume its a grey, will any of the other camera retailers come close? There is a camera price buster web site have you checked here? I can see the body at at £3277
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 13th Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    • 1,872 Posts
    • 2,382 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    https:///www.canon.co.uk/about_us/about_canon/parallel_products_information/
    Last edited by unforeseen; 13-09-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

415Posts Today

3,734Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin