Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mcfrosty
    • By mcfrosty 11th Sep 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mcfrosty
    Personal Finance software recommendations
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:25 PM
    Personal Finance software recommendations 11th Sep 17 at 2:25 PM
    Help everyone
    I need recommendations for software to help me organise my spending data.... time to get my life in order!

So I'm looking for a piece of software that lets me download data from my two banks (Halifax and RBS) and my three credit cards as cvs or qif files.

I don't want to have to sort through it all (I do all my anaylsis on paper copies just now allocating each spend to different categories) and design an excel sheet to calculate spending across different categories so something that identifies and sorts my transactions and perhaps learns my categories would be good.

I have looked at some other threads and am wary/suspicious/paranoid of some of these new programs that ask for banking logins and then automatically get your data from the bank......

So what do you all use and is it safe? I am not an accountant so double entry bookkeeping is a mystery to me.
    Oh and I need it to be a UK version and compatible with my Banks if it has automatic downloading.
    Budgetpulse? YNAB? Acemoney? Banktree?
    Got any recommendations?
    Thank you
Page 1
    • le loup
    • By le loup 11th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 3,404 Thanks
    le loup
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    There are lots of programs and all have been discussed exhaustively here. As I think you have already found - if not try a search.
    • Uxb
    • By Uxb 12th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    • 907 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    Uxb
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    Here we go again
    New user joins and posts just twice each time pushing/promoting one particular piece of software
    see also
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73013706#post73013706

Why do you do it? - its so obvious.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 12th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 8,721 Posts
    • 7,384 Thanks
    colsten
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    Here we go again
    New user joins and posts just twice each time pushing/promoting one particular piece of software
    see also
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73013706#post73013706

Why do you do it? - its so obvious.
    Originally posted by Uxb
    Problem can be solved if enough of us press the button, or report offending posts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,797Posts Today

7,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin