Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BoilerGeek
    • By BoilerGeek 11th Sep 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BoilerGeek
    Needs BackBoiler removing in Nottingham - Any recommendations?
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:03 PM
    Needs BackBoiler removing in Nottingham - Any recommendations? 11th Sep 17 at 2:03 PM
    Ladies and Gents your assistance please.

I currently have a back boiler in my terraced house in Nottingham, i am looking to get this removed and have a combi boiler installed instead.

I have rang around, and had a quotes of 3 people, the quotes all vary between £2,000 and £4,000, so i am a tad confused.

All the people who i have got quotes from promise the earth, but that begs the questions why do their quotes vary?

Can 1 of you kind people advise me on what i should be asking when they give me quotes? Has anyone got any recommendations on decent gas and plumbers who could do this job? Can anyone be ore specific on how much it should cost?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 11th Sep 17, 8:02 PM
    • 6,818 Posts
    • 5,850 Thanks
    bris
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:02 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:02 PM
    If you got a quote to remove a back boiler and install a new combi for 2k then bite their hand off.
    • malky39
    • By malky39 11th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    • 626 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    malky39
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    Are all the quotes the exact same e.g what boilers getting fitted,any pipe work, whats happening to the opening where the back boiler was. This may explain the difference in prices.
    Get the quotes itemised to see what you are getting for the price then compare them.
    I will probably get slated for saying this but you could get the likes of British Gas etc. out for a quote, yes it will be expensive but it will most likely include everything that would be require and probaly more if you get them to add extras like filters and fancy thermostats. But it will give you an idea of whats required and you can compare this to the qutes you already have
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

325Posts Today

3,056Users online

Martin's Twitter